Thursday, January 11, 2007
Thursday Thirteen - 7 Reasons Why I'm Going To Kill My Cat; 6 Reasons Why I Won't
Alright folks, you all know about my two cats and how they drive me flipping insane but I still love them nontheless. If you are not familiar with them, here is at least two stories to brush up on-- My Psycho Cat & Update On The Psycho. I really can't come up with 13 reasons to why I'm going to kill them, so I thought I can come up with 7 and then would come up with 6 reasons why I wouldn't do it. :) Altogether that will make it 13 for today!

1. Remember the mat I bought for under the litter box?? Well, they have decided to not only disregard it and do anything in their power not to step on it, but they have thought to shovel great amounts of litter out of their litter box onto my bathroom floor in order to protest this horrible injustice that has been done to them.

2. They can't eat without somehow getting half of the food all over the floor. This used to not be a problem until recently. Maybe they are protesting the mat even when they are eating??? Little Devils!!!

3. My mom bought me this wonderfully warm blanket for Christmas and my darlings have claimed it as their own. I tried to take it away from Bugsy last night so I could get a turn to use it and she did this meow that was, I swear, cussing me out.

4. One of them peed on the bathroom floor right beside the mat yesterday afternoon. Do you think they are trying to send me a message or something about that mat???

5. Buttons insists on roaming free during the twilight hours and when we lock him up in his room for the night, he completely freaks out with the never ending pawing at the door. So, you ask, why don't you just let him roam free? Well, my dear friends, I have tried that but he's a wild man....he becomes this little monster at night and will run around the house as if he's gone crazy and will keep us awake the whole night. If any of you have cats, I hear this is common behavior for most of them at night. We must keep the beasts locked in!!

6. I suspect the culprit is Bugsy in this one but one of them is eating my orchid plant to death. I wrote about my plant that nearly suffered its ill fate by my own hand, but I have been able to keep the little bugger alive. While we were on Christmas vacation, they discovered the plant since they had free roam of the house and ate most of it. It doesn't matter where I try to hide the plant, they always find it!!!

7. I'm pretty sure Buttons is the one who deleted my blog from last week because I caught him up on the computer desk and his little paws were on the keyboard!

Alright, those are my reasons for ending their ever so privileged lives..... Here are six reasons why I actually won't do it.

1. You know it's really because I love them. They are just like children--they drive you up the wall but in the end you still love them.

2. They are just too darn cute!! Buttons with those big blue eyes looks at me and I can't get mad at him anymore (You know the cat in Shrek with those big eyes...that is exactly what Buttons does)

3. Somehow they know instinctively if I'm not having a good day. I think animals sense these things. One of them will at least come to cuddle and comfort me.

4. They are good for something--they kill bugs in the house! They like to play with them for awhile and then kill them. We've never had a mouse problem, but I think they would get those too if we ever did.

5. Whenever I'm in the kitchen cooking, they both will come sit on the edge of the carpet side by side and in their own way ask for some treats. It's too cute; I can't resist.

6. And the best thing I love about them is I don't have to take them out for walks. They are happy to just hang around the house all day and they entertain themselves with my hair bands. They haven't lost all of their "inner kitten" within them.
posted by Gracey at Thursday, January 11, 2007 -
8 Comments:
  • At 1/11/2007 8:16 AM, Blogger MoJoKat said…

    This could totally be the cats in our house! We have three...Minnie is mine, Piper is BlueRose's and Cali is Mom and Dad's. They each have their own personality and each are as annoying and adorable as ever! I guess we put up with it having been blessed to be accepted by them.

     
  • At 1/11/2007 10:04 AM, Blogger MoJoKat said…

    I get a daily trivia email, and I thought this was pretty ironic and funny. Right after I read your blog I went to my email and this was the first question (I'll include the answer, too):

    Why does my cat insist on playing and ransacking the house after I have gone to bed?

    none of these
    my cat wants me to get up
    my cat is a nocturnal creature
    my cat likes to annoy me


    The correct answer was my cat is a nocturnal creature
    Cats are nocturnal and it's perfectly normal for them to want to play and carry on with activities at night while us humans are trying to sleep. It is sometimes possible to change this nighttime behavior if it is really bothersome for you. To try and change it, it has been suggested to schedule specific play times with your cat, especially one conducted in the evening hours approximately 1 hour before you go to bed. Remember, though, this doesn't always work with all cats.

     
  • At 1/11/2007 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I note that seven reasons to kill minus six reasons not to leaves one reason off felicide left over. Should we expect reports of fatalities?

     
  • At 1/11/2007 11:00 AM, Blogger Kell said…

    That was a fun post. I love cats. They are so fascinating to watch. We don't have one because my mom is so allergic she couldn't come visit, but I'd have one otherwise.

     
  • At 1/11/2007 1:17 PM, Blogger Gracey said…

    Kat: Strange coincedence with the cat email. It's a conspiracy altogether!!

    Oddmix: I never thought about it like that....there just might be one fatality...LOL

    Kell: I'm pretty allergic to my long haired cat, Buttons, and my doctor told me to get rid of my cats but I just can't do it. I drug myself on Benadryl and try not to stick my whole face in his fur. Lots of vacuuming throughout the week too!

     
  • At 1/11/2007 2:08 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Cats also instincitely know who is allergic to them. That way they know who's lap to jump onto as soon as he sits down.

    Cats looooooooooooooove me.

     
  • At 1/11/2007 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can SO relate to all of these things! I adore my cats, but they do tend to drive me nuts.

    Kat: are you sure the corret answer isn't that the cats just love to annoy people???

     
  • At 1/12/2007 6:40 AM, Blogger MoJoKat said…

    Susan: Personally, I think that the first option should have been All of the below and then that would be the correct answer. The person who set up the question and answer OBVIOUSLY does not have a cat! =-)

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie