Monday, December 11, 2006
My Psycho Cat
In my last post I was commenting on how I treat my cats like people and how I stayed up one night until 1 a.m. because I thought one of them had an infection. We're heading to Michigan next Monday and will be gone for ten days, so I had to have the vet today check out my little one with all his problems. (Buttons is embarrassed by it, but he's has been peeing right outside his litter box.)

Well, the vet told me that he definitely has problems but not a urinary infection like I had thought. My vet thinks he has anxiety problems. Does this sound like misdiagnosis or what??? :) I'm kidding. He thinks my other cat is stressing him out, the food that we switched on them freaked him out, and the different litter we are now using whacked him out too. He said that cats are very tempermental and when changes occur, some just freak out. He did the necessary testing to eliminate the infection, so after extensively questioning me, it turns out that I, the one that treats them like people, is the one that ultimately has freaked him out.

I just hope that he doesn't go nutzo when we leave on our holiday. The pet sitter has strict instructions on his medicine, food, and litter box changes. Good Lord!!! I have a psychotic case on my hands. The vet thinks if I switch back to the old food and litter and make sure the litter box is cleaned at least 2-3 times a day, Buttons will start using the box and stop using the rug! I sure hope so. So, the total of the vet appt. including exam, urinalysis, and medicine came out to $93, but I can't forget about the huge bag of Purina One, a new litter box, and a big ole bucket of the other litter which came out to $40.

I know I don't have children, but some days I feel like I do!

Buttons & Bugsy (The peeing one is in front)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is my first time doing the Weekend Words Challenge, and I know I'm late.

My husband swearing to Honor our flag and country!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Love of a Soldier's Wife!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
posted by Gracey at Monday, December 11, 2006 -
5 Comments:
  • At 12/11/2006 1:49 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Poor wittle psycho kittie!

    Great pictures! Well done!

    Oh and the WWC icon was actually made by Odd Mix for the WWC each week. So you're welcome to use it each week.

     
  • At 12/11/2006 2:10 PM, Blogger Steven said…

    Buttons and Bugsy.

    One was a mobster one is sugary sweet.

    What a combination. ;)

    Steve~

     
  • At 12/12/2006 2:16 AM, Blogger Gracey said…

    Jay: I know, my poor witlle kittie! I gave him his anxiety medication last night...it put him in zombie state for awhile but he didn't pee on the rug!! :)

    Steve: Thanks for visiting. Stop by anytime!

     
  • At 12/12/2006 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAY, you played!! Congrats. Are you hooked now? I love the second picture.

    "I TINK I am."

     
  • At 12/12/2006 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful WWC pictures! Glad you joined in!

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie