Monday, December 04, 2006
Monday Memories - Me & My Jeremy

I love the internet; I always have loved it. I always thought it was the greatest thing that you could instant message someone who was across the country or world. One of the reasons why I'm such a big fan of the internet is because of the unconventional way I was able to meet my husband. No, it wasn't eHarmony.com or match.com, but a Christian singles site where hopefully you could meet someone interesting. It's kind of funny because I honestly was not looking for a boyfriend when I went on there. It seemed whenever I did start dating someone, it just never worked out and I was pretty tired of trying. I was there to meet new people, not really for dating purposes, but to find some young people my age that lived close to me. I lived in Merritt Island, FL and let's just say there are more than enough retired older people there. I wanted to meet people that I could hang out with and have a good time but who also had the same beliefs as I did. I figured if I was able to meet a guy on here and he turned out cool enough to hang out with, I would be able to get introduced to his group of friends (guys and girls) and I would be able to finally have some fun.
It didn't take long to see who was near my area, and there were only a few people. It was quite disappointing, but for some reason or another, my attention was drawn to one particular guy. Yep, you guessed it.....it was Jeremy. I'm pretty sure I emailed him first, but I could be wrong, and we started to email back and forth to each other. He sent me his picture and it wasn't a close up so I couldn't really tell what he looked like. He told me after we were married that when he saw my picture he thought to himself that there was no way that was a recent picture of me because he thought I was too pretty to go on the internet to meet someone. Aww, he's too kind and sweet!!
Anyway, to make a long story short, after conversing back and forth through emails, we decided to meet face to face. I wasn't really too nervous because I figured if we didn't hit it off, then oh well. I wasn't going to sweat it. Of course, I thought to myself that he may be a total freak so I brought my mace with me and was ready to spray him if he tried anything. I let my aunt know that I was going to do this and we were meeting in a public area so I thought it was pretty safe.
When I saw him walking towards me, I was delighted that he was tall and handsome. He had the most beautiful green/blue eyes I had ever seen and I think I was in love from the start. We talked for hours on the beach and we decided to make an official date on Monday.
And the rest is history!!! :)
posted by Gracey at Monday, December 04, 2006 -
4 Comments:
  • At 12/04/2006 2:44 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    That's a really sweet story.

    It's amazing how many people meet their mates online. It's sooo much better than trying to meet people in bars. And, like you said, there are so many sites out there where you can meet people that fit a certain criteria and have the same beliefs.

     
  • At 12/04/2006 4:53 PM, Blogger Gracey said…

    Jay: It shouldn't surprise me that I met Jer through the internet because I was always on the computer as a teenager. My dad was always telling me to get off the computer!

    Chelle: I honestly don't know the website...I have tried to remember but I just can't. It was one of those free trial things so I decided why not take them up on it for 10 days because God knows I'm too cheap to pay for it! :) I'm so glad I did the free trial! LOL!

     
  • At 12/05/2006 3:07 PM, Blogger Norma said…

    What a beautiful Monday Memory. A cousin (widowed) met her 2nd husband on the internet. When we expressed concern she said, "Well, I'm a nice person, and he met me didn't he?"

    My MM is up.

     
  • At 12/06/2006 8:54 AM, Blogger Tink said…

    You brought MACE with you?! LOL! I like you Gracey. You have moxy. Great story too. Something wonderful to tell the kids one day. ;)

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie