Friday, December 01, 2006
Christmas MeMe





Thanks to Tracy (Fishface) for this meme!


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I hate Egg Nog, so I will definitely go with Hot Chocolate anytime!


2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Always wrap! It wouldn't be too fun to see the presents under the tree naked and exposed!


3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? My dad was never one to put lights out on the house except now that I'm out of the house, he has started doing it...that's not fair! Now, we have white lights on the tree.


4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope, I never did that, but I always thought it was cute when others did. Don't you know that kisses will give you cooties!! :)


5. When do you put up your decorations ? It's usually right after Thanksgiving, but I haven't done anything yet and probably won't since we're leaving for Michigan pretty soon. I don't have kids so I can get away with being a scrooge and not putting them up!


6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Ham if we have it. I love the honey baked ham for Christmas.


7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Getting up in the morning before my parents did and being able to open up everything in the stockings. I loved the little presents in the stockings!


8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I have no idea. I maybe figured it out on my own, but I just don't remember when I ever believed in Santa. Mom, would you clue me into this one??? You would remember.


9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? As kids we could open one present on Christmas Eve night, but at my dad's parents house, they opened all their presents on Christmas Eve. I hated that because the magic felt like it was gone on Christmas.


10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Twinkly lights and lots of ornaments and candy canes.


11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I really hate snow but this year I am looking forward to it. As long as I don't have to live in it, I'll be fine.


12. Can you ice skate? Barely....I fall on my butt most of the time.


13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No, I don't remember a favorite gift but I do remember a few as a child that I really loved.


14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being able to be with family even though this year I won't be with mine. Also, to remember that it's not just about Santa and that good stuff, but it's really about the birth of Christ and what a fabulous gift it was to the world!


15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? It's these little Polish cookies/pastries that my mom makes that have fruit filling in the middle of them. Yummy! (but I won't get those this year...wah!)


16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Having my dad read the Christmas story from the Bible and all of us really thinking about what he's reading about. I also love the passing out presents part too!


17. What tops your tree? A star.


18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving presents? I like both....I mean, who wouldn't? But, I do love giving presents because I always try to get something that is personal for each person.


19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Hark The Herald Angels Sing.....especially when a choir sings it. I love Ava Maria too!


20. Candy Canes Yuck or Yum? Yummy!!!! Do people really think they are yucky???

posted by Gracey at Friday, December 01, 2006 -
1 Comments:
  • At 12/01/2006 8:24 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    That was fun. I've been looking for a Christmas meme to do. Now, I shall steal this one! haha

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie