Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Plant Killer
That is right folks.....I kill plants. I don't do it intentionally or out of meanness. On the contrary, I try to love them by watering them and giving them the sunlight that is needed, but in the end I always kill them. Jeremy brought home this beautiful bamboo orchid plant and there the flower was just smiling at me and saying "Please take care of me and give me a good home." As any plant parent would do, I went to the internet for guidance on how to take care of this certain type of plant. First of all, I live in the wrong climate for this flower. It likes humidity and we definitely do not have that right now in South Carolina. Jer tells me to mist it with a spray bottle so it feels like it's in a tropical paradise, but alas, I do not have a spray bottle and each time I went to the store I forgot to get one. I'm a bad bad plant parent! It was sunny this past weekend and outside was in the 70's for once, so I thought my baby would do great with some sunshine. I put her partly in the sunshine and partly in the shade (i didn't want to overheat her). Well, I must have done something wrong along the way because the next day she was a withered little thing crying out to me, "Wwwhhhhyyyy?"

She, the flower, may have died, but the plant itself is still hanging on for dear life. I'm trying the best I can, but I don't think it's working. Do you think this could reflect the way I will be when I'm a real parent someday???? Let's hope not!! :)
posted by Gracey at Wednesday, November 15, 2006 -
5 Comments:
  • At 11/15/2006 7:49 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    The only plant that I've ever kept alive is a shamrock that my mother gave me. She has this big ole shamrock that has been around for years and years. Maybe 20 years! Anyway, she separated the plant and gave half to me. It will live forever.

    I did have this plant that a friend gave me when my dad died in '97. It lived until 2001 when, for some reason I thought it could use some direct sunlight. The sun killed it almost immediately. I felt like a plant murderer! LOL

     
  • At 11/15/2006 9:21 AM, Blogger Gracey said…

    Chelle: I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that kills plants! lol

    Jay: I bet you that the sunlight killed mine too, but I thought since it wasn't too hot out there, it would have been fine. I just don't have a "green thumb" as they say.

     
  • At 11/15/2006 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahhh, you are in good company. I, too, kill plants. I LOVE them and try over and over... The most recent has actually been a part of our family for over a year... Max gave it to me in a pot that "self-waters." (Hmmm, wonder why he thought I needed that??) Well, it grew and grew and we transplanted it into a larger pot, but it does not self-water. Poor thing... Just before it dies, one of us will remember to water it and it perks up for another couple of weeks, but it has lost many leaves and looks horrible. HOWEVER, my boys are doing just fine! :)

     
  • At 11/15/2006 1:00 PM, Blogger Gracey said…

    Debbie: I have missed your blog. I know you had to delete it cuz you just don't have any time to do it, but please come and visit mine more often and leave your comments. I don't want to lose contact with you. Love ya!

     
  • At 11/17/2006 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Blogging just wasn't for me... I'll check yours out often! You are a great writer! :) Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie