Saturday, November 18, 2006
It's The Weekend!
This Meme that I'm doing today is for Jay since I did copy it from his blog and he said he wanted to see how I would answer these questions. There will be one question that I will be skipping since it is a little too risque for my innocent blog! :)

1. Christmas tree: pine or cedar? Our tree is fake right now, but if I had my way, it would be pine.

2. Name two dumb things you did as a kid. Well, I wrote about one earlier on in my blog (Barefoot & Nails) about how I disobeyed my parents and went playing on the side of the house where dad had all his scrap wood for his projects there and I got a nail stuck through my foot. That was one dumb thing I did. Another dumb thing, which I think it is more cute than dumb, but I was probably 3 or 4 years old at the time and my brother was playing army with his friends I think, and I showing my tomboy characteristics at an early age wanted to play too. But my mean brother said, "You don't have a helmet like we do so you can't play." Well, that didn't stop me.....I marched myself straight to the kitchen and grabbed one of my mom's pans and put it on my head and said to my brother, "I have a helmet now!" I can't remember if it worked and he let me into his fort or not.

3. What foods did your mom used to make that you will never, ever cook. Brace yourself people.....Cabbage and Hot Dogs. We ate that when we were poor.

4. Describe the place you go to in your head when you need to calm down. I don't really go to a certain place. I basically tell myself, "Grace, get a hold on yourself and don't let your temper get the best of you."

5. Have you ever seen a ghost, or something you can't explain? No, I've never seen a ghost. *pout* I'm fascinated by ghosts though because I'm always watching something or another about them and then I'm laying in bed at night looking around the dark room wondering if something is going to pop out at me.

6. If money and image didn't matter, what would you do for a living? I would run a rescue shelter for animals.

7. Did you ever fall off a horse and get right back on? No, I've never ridden a horse, just a pony when I was a kid. As you all know, my dream is having a horse someday.

8. What name did you call a sibling that was sure to start a fight? I don't remember having a name I would call my brother, but I'm sure I did. We used to get in major fist fights when I was in junior high and highschool. The kind of fights where I would jump on his back and be punching him and he would practically throw me across the room. Yes, there was soooo much love between us. LOL We laugh about it now and when my mom found out we had those fights (we kept them a secret until we were adults) she thought she failed! :)

9. Describe the events surrounding your first alcoholic drink. My family who doesn't drink please don't be too shocked by your daughter's actions. I was 22 and was with a few people for someone's birthday. It was a really nice restaurant and no, there was no pressure to drink. I thought I would try a shot of whiskey. Let's just say it was totally gross to me and I think I coughed so much people thought I was choking. Then after some time it made me so sleepy. It didn't have a good effect like everyone said it did, and I'm glad it didn't now because I think alcohol can be a dangerous thing to like especially if alcoholism runs in the family.

10. Have you ever had a wild animal as a pet? I captured a weevil once, if that counts, when I was a kid and kept it as a pet in my room. My mom didn't know about that either. I know, I was a weird girl! When I was a teenager, I breeded Australian Bearded Dragons. They are pretty common now in reptile stores, but back then they weren't that common.

11. Do you have a deep, dark, secret? Ummm, nope.

12. Would you ever shoot a deer? My father-in-law goes deer hunting every year, but I don't think I could ever shoot one of those beautiful animals. (unless I was starving and there was no other food source)

13. Do you return money if you get too much change? Yes, I'm honest and will do that because I was a cashier in highschool and college and I know if you are short on your register, you get into trouble!

14. What puzzles you? Anything that is extremely complicated for my little brain to comprehend.

15. How did you act toward a person you had a crush on? I usually acted like I didn't like them. I never wanted to be known as one of those gushy girls that flirted all the time. (maybe this is why I never had any dates in college) :)

16. What makes you cry? When I'm so frustrated and stressed out by something and I can't be tough about it anymore. I also cry when I'm watching some sad movie. I'm such a sucker for that.

17. What's the best bargain you ever bought at a yard sale? I don't really remember buying things at a yard sale. I used to go to the thrift shops on the rich part of town and buy clothes because you can usually find really nice and new stuff.

18. How much wood can a woodchuck chuck? Alot.

19. If nobody is watching, would you run a stop sign? I don't have the nerve to do it.
I would get caught I promise!

20. Do you believe in Hell? It's spoken about in the Bible, so yes, I believe it.

21. What material possession do you value most? My wedding ring.

22. Which day is better...Friday or Sunday? Friday is the best because you know you have two days off.

23. Do you read a book more than once? I have known to do that before. I love to read!

24. What is the greatest problem with today's society? There is a major lack of morals in this country.

25. Would you ever skydive? If the doctor said I only had 3-6 months to live, why not?

26. Name 3 songs significant to your romantic life, and tell why. I don't think we have any songs that are significant to our love life. Jer said the other day that we should put some music on to set the mood. Wait, there is one....."When You Kiss Me" We danced to that at our wedding.

27. Would you ever have plastic surgery? I won't lie. I may consider an eye lift when I'm older, but no breast implants or anything like that.

28. Does bigfoot/sasquatch/yehti exist? Does Santa Claus exist???? Maybe! :)

29. Are you a follower or a leader? I have known to be both.

30. What's the worst thing you did when you were a kid? I was a brat. I did alot of things behind my parent's back. I plead the fifth on this one.

31. List three jobs you would never want to do. A lawn service person (I hate doing yardwork), a garbage woman, and a fast food worker.

32. Coke or Pepsi? I like both. I hate choosing!

33. Where would you live if you could move your family, friends, and job there? Somewhere near the ocean and where the city isn't too close by.

34. Is three really a crowd? Yes, who likes to be the third wheel??? I sure hated it when I was.

35. What kind of interpersonal interaction repulses you? Repulses is a pretty strong word, and I'm pretty easy going. I really don't like seeing couples having a make out session in public. It's something I just don't want to see. Get a room!

36. Who would you rather spend an hour with, a writer or an entertainer? It depends who the entertainer is, but I think one of my favorite writers would be fun to spend time with. I would like to know where they get their ideas.

37. Which calendar appeals to you? I like calendars that have pretty scenery from other countries and I'm a sucker for those kitty calendars.

38. What would you do if life gave you lemons? I'd be depressed at first and then say to myself, "Life goes on; now start living again!"

39. Do you believe in love at first sight? No, not love.

40. Did you ever wish on a falling star, and have the wish come true? No but now I'm going to try it if I ever see a falling star.
posted by Gracey at Saturday, November 18, 2006 -
1 Comments:
  • At 11/18/2006 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gracey, I think your dad's ferets and slimy giant lizzards constitute wild animals in almost everyone's opinion except yours...

    An eyelift? Ha!

    Love, Your biggest fan!

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie