Thursday, December 07, 2006
Thursday Thirteen - 13 Movies & 13 Quotes That I Just Love
1. Pride & Prejudice - "You have bewitched me body and soul...." If only men spoke with such romance nowadays. *sigh* :)

2. White Christmas - "I want you to get married. I want you to have nine children. And if you only spend five minutes a day with each kid, that's forty-five minutes, and I'd at least have time to go out and get a massage or something." I loved Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. For some weird reason, Danny Kaye always reminded me of my Grandpa White when he was young, but I don't think my grandpa was a goofball like Danny.

3. Gladiator - "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." What can I say? I was on the edge of my seat the whole time at the theater.

4. Kate & Leopold - Leopold: "Are you suggesting madam that there exists a law compelling a gentleman to lay hold of canine bowel movements?" Police Officer: "I'm suggesting that you pick the poop up." I guess that it is pretty sick that we do have to pick up "canine bowel movements" when it's put in that way.

5. What About Bob? - "What if I'm looking for a bathroom, I can't find one... and my bladder explodes? "

6. The Cutting Edge - Kate: "I'm sure I don't do anything you would find exciting. I don't open beer bottles with my toes, I don't sit around and count what's left of my teeth, hey, I don't even enjoy a good tractor pull." Doug: "Life of the party, huh? Place must be crawling with guys." Kate: "As a matter of fact, I do have a boyfriend." Doug: "Well there's a rough gig. What do you do, keep him chained up in the basement?" Kate: "Hale at the moment is working in my father's London office, he's an MBA - Harvard. You may have heard of it. They do have a hockey team." Doug: "He must be very smart. I bet you look pretty good from a few thousand miles away."

7. Guarding Tess - (Tess with her FBI Agents in a grocery store.) Tess Carlisle: "It's got no price at all." Bob Hutcherson: "Yes ma'am. Uh, Doug, this is Bobby in canned goods, are you anywhere near the manager? I need a price check on Lesieur baby peas, repeat, Lesieur baby peas." Doug Chesnic: "Lesieur baby peas." Store Manager: "They're on special today, two for .59." Doug Chesnic: "They're on special today, two for .59." Bob Hutcherson: "Uh, copy that, it's two for .59." Tess Carlisle: "But I only want one." Bob Hutcherson: "Uh, roger that, Doug, but she only wants one." Doug Chesnic: "How much for just one?" Store Manager: "The same. It's a two for one thing." Doug Chesnic: "Uh, Bobby, it's a two for one thing so I suggest you go ahead and get both. "Bob Hutcherson: "Uh, copy that Doug but I believe we've lost in interest in peas, repeat, lost interest in peas. Canned goods out."

8. My Big Fat Greek Wedding - Aunt Voula: [to Ian's parents] "Now, you are family. Okay. All my life, I had a lump at the back of my neck, right here. Always, a lump. Then I started menopause and the lump got bigger from the "hormonees." It started to grow. So I go to the doctor, and he did the bio... the b... the... the bios... the... b... the "bobopsy." Inside the lump he found teeth and a spinal cord. Yes. Inside the lump was my twin."

9. Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare) - Beatrice: "Against my will, I am sent to bid you come into dinner." Benedick: "Fair Beatrice, thank you for your pains." Beatrice: "I took no more pains for those thanks than you take pains to thank me. If it had been painful, I would not have come." Benedick: "You take pleasure then in the message?" Beatrice: 'Yea, just so much as you may take upon a knife's point. You have no stomach, signor? Fare you well." Benedick: "Ha! 'Against my will I am sent to bid you come into dinner.' There's a double meaning in that."

10. When Harry Met Sally - Harry Burns: "You take someone to the airport, its clearly the beginning of the relationship. That's why I have never taken anyone to the airport at the beginning of a relationship." Sally Albright: "Why?" Harry Burns: "Because eventually things move on and you don't take someone to the airport and I never wanted anyone to say to me, How come you never take me to the airport anymore?" Sally Albright: "Its amazing. You look like a normal person but actually you are the angel of death."

11. What Women Want - "If you know what women want, you can rule!" (Just think about that one, guys!) :)

12. Anne Of Green Gables - Mrs. Cadbury: "Tell me what you know about yourself." Anne Shirley: "Well, it really isn't worth telling, Mrs. Cadbury... but if you let me tell you what I IMAGINE about myself you'd find it a lot more interesting."

13. You've Got Mail - Joe Fox: "The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino." Kathleen Kelly: [exits] Next customer in line: "Tall decaf cappucino."
posted by Gracey at Thursday, December 07, 2006 -
9 Comments:
  • At 12/07/2006 1:43 PM, Blogger Tink said…

    I had more fun reading that. Great quotes! But please tell me you didn't have those all memorized. ;)

     
  • At 12/07/2006 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like great dialogues, like Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men.

    "You Want the Truth? You can't handle the truth!"

    Let's buy white Christmas, ok, baby?

    JJ

     
  • At 12/07/2006 4:16 PM, Blogger Norma said…

    Is there a web site for dialogue? I've actually seen some of these--very unusual for a movie post.

    Thanks for visiting my TT.

     
  • At 12/07/2006 8:21 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    That was lots of fun. Good job.

    And Norma .... You can go to IMDB.com and after searching for a movie you can look down the left side and find "memorable quotes" and find lots of dialog from the movie. Great website!

     
  • At 12/07/2006 8:21 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Oh yeah, you got tagged.

     
  • At 12/08/2006 5:07 AM, Blogger Gracey said…

    Chelle: It did take me a long time except a few of the quotes I had memorized so I didn't have to look those up.

    Jeremy: Yes, let's buy White Christmas! Mom and Dad have it but I need it in our home to keep the tradition alive.

    Norma: I went to IMDB.com to get the quotes I was looking for, but Jay beat me to it in telling you. :)

    Jay: Thanks for the tag! But you took two of the bloggers I needed to use....can I tag just strangers??

     
  • At 12/08/2006 8:59 AM, Blogger DirkStar said…

    No! No tagging strangers.

    Don't even visit stranges!

    Oh, hi! I'm Dirk_Star.

    Don't tag me!

     
  • At 12/09/2006 12:19 AM, Blogger Reforming Baptist said…

    My favorite line is from Tombstone:

    Curly Bill: "The name's Curly Bill, you might say I'm the founder of the feast...heh heh..so the next time we come around, you better step aside....I aint kiddin' neither."

     
  • At 12/11/2006 9:54 AM, Blogger Kell said…

    That was an awesome post! I love all those movies and the quotes. Especially When Harry Met Sally. I was just thinking about that movie and how funny it was.

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie