Thursday, December 14, 2006
Thursday Thirteen - 13 Reasons Why Life Is Beautiful
Life Is Beautiful Because.......

1. I have my husband home with me for this Christmas. We are planning that he will be deployed by next Christmas, so every minute with him is a treasure.

2. My whole family at this point of time are all healthy and doing great. Life is uncertain and we must cherish all the time that we have with everyone.

3. God has always taken care of us and provided what was needed and beyond.

4. We have finally moved somewhere that has all four seasons. (well, at least we are here for another four months)

5. In just three months, my car will be completely paid for and that means extra money to invest!!

6. I have been blessed not having to work for the past few months and it's been wonderful just being a housewife. I have learned how to cook good and to actually like it!

7. I have been able to "meet" so many great new blogger friends. They all have helped me not be so lonely in a strange city.

8. I have learned that if you really want something and put your mind in the state of accomplishing that goal, you will be able to do it. It may be hard to get there but then again, life is hard, so pull yourself back up when you stumble and get back on track!

9. Life is beautiful because of the simple things in life that we take for granted--modern conveniences, a full belly everyday, freedom, and so much more.

10. No matter what curve ball life throws at you there is always something to learn from the experience that you can turn into a positive lesson learned.

11. There is always something new to learn no matter how old we are.

12. Life is beautiful--just look around you and see the beauty that God has created in nature.

13. Life is beautiful because......it just is!
posted by Gracey at Thursday, December 14, 2006 -
6 Comments:
  • At 12/14/2006 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a wonderful and joyful list! I do try to take note of the little things in the world as they are the things that tend to bring us the most happiness in our hearts. Reading that was very uplifiting- thanks!

    Your post title made me think of the movie "Life is Beautiful" - it's bittersweet but I love it just the same. It really makes you think.

    I don't know if I've said it before but your blog template is very lovely- so pleasing to the eye. :-)

     
  • At 12/14/2006 7:47 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    Wonderful list. All very positive. I'm not good at being positive. I should work on that some more.

     
  • At 12/14/2006 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's so nice to see you all "grown up and positive about life." I am so happy for you. Proud too!

    Love ya!

    Chelle

     
  • At 12/14/2006 1:41 PM, Blogger Gracey said…

    Lisa: Yes, that movie is bittersweet but nontheless, it is still great.

    Jay: I don't think I'm the most positive person in the world and sometimes I have to force myself to remember the blessings in my life.

    Chelle: I'm so very glad I made you proud and I love ya too!

     
  • At 12/14/2006 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for the wonderful reminder of the blessings in our lives. When I was younger, I kept a diary but I only wrote in it when I was angry and depressed. I decided that was just too sad, so I started making myself write good things, too. It's good to make yourself look at what's good in your life.

    Kell

     
  • At 12/14/2006 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gracey,

    Great posting! It put a lot of things into perspective...and it couldn't have come at a better time. So many people think Christmas is all about "themselves". Christmas should be about love, peace, thanksgiving, and family. That's what your blog meant to me!

    Jeremy

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie