Friday, December 15, 2006
Christmas MeMe - Tagged By Chelle!

Wrapping Paper or gift bags? I really like both, but I chose only wrapping paper this year because everything had to be mailed. Unlike Chelle, I make gift bags very pretty with the tissue paper! :)

Real tree or artificial? As a kid, our tree was always real and most times we would chop it down ourselves. When my parents moved into their new house and I went off to college, it started being artificial. I prefer real but my husband loves his artificial one he bought when he was single and I have to admit that it looks real.

When do you put up the tree? It's usually right after Thanksgiving, but we didn't put one up this year. The apartment we are in is pretty small so there isn't much room. That is what happens when you move from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment! There will be a huge tree at Jer's dads house and snow everywhere in Michigan, so I won't be missing out.

Do you like eggnog? I'm with you, Chelle, on this one. Ick!!!! Hate the stuff. Only buy it because Jer loves it. I won't kiss him after he drinks it......too gross!

Favorite gift received as a child? I really don't remember what my favorite present was as a child. I remember being jealous that my cousin got something that I thought was better....what an ungrateful brat I was back then! :)

Do you have a nativity scene? No, I don't have one yet, but I have seen many that I would like to get.

Hardest person to buy for? I would have to say my dad is pretty hard to shop for, but I think my mom is even harder unless I get her jewelry!

Easiest person to buy for? Jeremy since I know him so well. The problem though is I tell everyone else in the family what he would like and then there is nothing left for me to get him.

Mail or email Christmas cards? I have never had someone email me a Christmas card before. I mail them but I don't mail them to every person that I know......stamps are way too expensive nowadays.

Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Nothing really stands out in my mind except for when I was a kid, my grandma always and I do mean ALWAYS would buy me underwear. Gosh, I hated that!

Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas

When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try to do it year round so I only have maybe two or three things left to buy near Thanksgiving time. Since we had a hectic year moving and all, I did my shopping early November.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I haven't recycled a Christmas present, but I've recycled other presents, like birthdays.

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's Polish cookies/pastries. I helped her last year make them. I wish I was with them again this Christmas, but my husband deserves to see his dad and stepmom this year.

Clear lights or colored on the tree? I have mixed feelings on this one. I think it depends on how you are decorating your tree.

Favorite Christmas song? Hark The Herald Angels Sing

Travel at Christmas or stay home? We definitely travel since our families are spread apart everywhere across the U.S.

Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? I was never good with remembering names.

Angel on the tree top or a star? I like having an angel on the top of the tree.

Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning!!! I do not like opening presents Christmas Eve.

Most annoying thing about this time of year? The crowds in the stores....I just don't like crowds!

Favorite ornament theme or color? My favorite ornament....that is just too hard. I have alot of ornaments from my childhood that my mom sent me last year, and they all bring back great memories.

Favorite Christmas dinner? I absolutely love to have a great ham for dinner. No turkey!

What do you want for Christmas this year? I would like new running shoes....mine are starting to get a little ragged.


My Christmas Cards (Chelle, do you see your boy???) :)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photos taken this morning

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My Weird Shoes (oh, look who's in the background....my lazy psycho cat)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Jay, this pic is for you....I like to call it "Crooked"
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
posted by Gracey at Friday, December 15, 2006 -
11 Comments:
  • At 12/15/2006 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great little meme for Christmas! I think I'll steal it too.

    We usually cut down our own tree at Christmas too. So much fun to do it that way. But now I have an artificial one because of my son's allergies.

    Have a great Friday!

     
  • At 12/15/2006 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, I see Brendan! :) Who is that other family?

    Great answers! These things are not only fun, it helps you have an idea when you have writer's block!

     
  • At 12/15/2006 7:26 AM, Blogger Gracey said…

    Lisa: Cutting down your own tree is the best, but it feels like a lifetime ago that we did that.

    Chelle: The other family is my cousin, Sandy, her husband, and two kids. I remember when they were born and now they are in highschool and junior hight.
    I'm glad you tagged me because I had no idea what I would write about today. Thanks!

     
  • At 12/15/2006 7:40 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    These Christmas memes are fun. It's always fun to hear about how other people celebrate the holidays.

     
  • At 12/15/2006 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL at your crooked pictures! You must have tilt-a-head-syndrome like I do. One year I got a level in my stocking.

    Tink

     
  • At 12/15/2006 4:44 PM, Blogger Kell said…

    Really liked your photos, especially the crooked pictures LOL. Loved the meme--that was great. I like White Christmas, too.

     
  • At 12/15/2006 5:02 PM, Blogger Gracey said…

    Jay: Are you going to do the meme since Chelle tagged you too?

    QofD: I find Avia very comfortable for my feet. I don't know if they are the best but I haven't had one pair that has hurt my feet. My size is 7 1/2.

    Tink: I'm horrible at hanging up pictures and getting them straight. Those particular pictures are for some reason always crooked even after I straighten them....I think we have a ghost!

    Kell: I was taking random pics today because I was bored and then I saw the pics and thought of Jay's "weird" thing about him and how he hates anything that isn't straight and balanced. :)

     
  • At 12/15/2006 5:08 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Hey!! You need to straighten those pictures on the wall!

     
  • At 12/16/2006 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gracey, I'll tell you what I'll do....one of these days, I'm going to secretly drink some egg nogg, then ask you for a kiss. Maybe then, you'll love egg nog as much as I do.

    JJ

     
  • At 12/16/2006 4:37 AM, Blogger Gracey said…

    Jay: I knew you would love that pic.....LOL!

    JJ: My dear love, you do that to me and you will be sorry!!

     
  • At 12/17/2006 6:10 AM, Blogger FishFam said…

    Your pics were funny Gracey. I like your shoes!

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie