Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Friends
I have been thinking lately how weird it is without any friends. Now, don't think of me as a loser, but moving around like this frequently really doesn't do too much for your social life. It's not that I really mind it because I'm pretty much a loner in nature anyway. I value my private time with just myself to do what I enjoy most--reading, blogging, scrapbooking, etc. I've always had a select few that could be coined as friends during my years in highschool and college. You know how life goes, you just lose touch with them or something happens that staying friends is really not the wisest thing to do.

At this point in my life, I can't say I really have any friends, except for maybe all of you--my blogger friends. I look forward every morning to seeing all of you, hearing from you, and just getting to know you by what you write. Each one of you is unique in your own different ways.

I am not trying to get any sympathy from anyone because I said I don't really have any friends at this point of my life. I'm writing this because I am really content just being this way right now. I'm content with having a full relationship with my husband, including us having the greatest friendship two people could have. I'm content in being able to come here and let out my thoughts, worries, funny stories, etc. to all of you. I'm very content living here in Fort Jackson, SC and wish it wouldn't end, but I know it's inevitable that we will be leaving in April again. That is why when someone asked me what one thing I would wish for was I said that I wished time could stand still. Why? Because I'm so content with my life right now.

This will all change in a few months time and maybe within a year when Jeremy is called to Iraq or Afghanistan. It will be then that I may wish I had many many friends close by. I try not to think about the months after April because they are yet to be foreseen. We don't know what the future holds, only God knows that. I'm trying to find my personal friendship and relationship with God to be more strong for when this time comes.

I know I write quite a bit about my thoughts of when Jeremy will be sent to war; it's just what is on my mind constantly. When I'm with him, I try not to think about it. When we lay in bed at night and he's fallen asleep before me (which is most nights), I just stare at him and tell myself to take a mental picture of that moment he's beside me because sooner than later my bed will be empty for a long time.

I'm so content at this moment of time and wish it would last forever!
posted by Gracey at Wednesday, January 10, 2007 -
6 Comments:
  • At 1/10/2007 10:39 AM, Blogger MoJoKat said…

    It sounds to me like you are applying a lesson I have learned...be content in where you are...it makes for the best memories and fewest regrets! You are one smart chickee for it!

     
  • At 1/10/2007 12:28 PM, Blogger Gracey said…

    Kat: Hello! Nice to see you back on the blogger.

    Dad: I know you are my "friend" and my father also. I know I have God as my friend and I have my family too. Sometimes it seems just as you all are a great distance away, God seems to be disant too at times. I think we all experience that once in awhile. He always comes through in the end so I don't ever get too despondent when He feels a million miles away. I honestly am very content with our life right now and just wished that time stood still. That was really what my thoughts were when I wrote the blog. I love you too!

    Chelle: You know, I may take you up on that offer if I did come back to CA. :) I would most definitely cook but aren't you pretty picky??? LOL

     
  • At 1/10/2007 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Formerly being a military spouse, I understand the challenges, especially moving around a lot. Sometimes it seemed pointless to make close friends when you knew you were going to be moving in another few months. It's okay to take this time to enjoy your husband and maybe learn more about you. The time will come when it is right for you to srike out again and meet some new people where you are. :) Of course, blogger buddies are always good too, I enjoy them and my IRL friends equally!

     
  • At 1/10/2007 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It sounds like the only relationship you really need/want to be in right now is with Jeremy. You need to treasure these moments all you can right now. Later, when you are ready, you'll reach out to others and find some friends around you.

     
  • At 1/10/2007 7:45 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Since my sister, Kell is a Military Spouse I can undertand how difficult it is. And since I've moved something like 7 times myself I know it's hard to meet people and then move away and have to meet all new people.

    Luckily, you have your blog friends. The internet is the greatest invention ever for us loners.

    As for Jeremy I will just say that I hope that this war can be brought to a resolution soon and that at the very least the violence will subside a lot.

     
  • At 1/11/2007 11:02 AM, Blogger Kell said…

    I'm a bit of a loner myself and really enjoy these days by myself to work on whatever I want. And being military, I have friends all over the world--that's one of the great things about being in the military. When you're ready, there will be friends to make, and they will help you when the time comes for Jeremy to be deployed.

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie