Friday, April 27, 2007
My New Doggie

I am happy to report that I am the proud parent of this beautiful German Shepherd. This morning we got up very early to make the three-hour drive to pick him up at Lackland Airforce Base. This is the picture that I took of him after two minutes with him. As you can see, he loves toys and especially rubber balls. His name is Nero, and no, I did not name him that. The military did and since he's been used to it for nine years of his life, I don't think it would be fair to him to change it now. The cats aren't very happy with the new addition to our family. They thought the family was just fine the way it was. Nero is curious with the cats and wants to play with them but the cats only want to hiss! :) We are separating them for the time being until the catsdecide to play nice, which may never happen.

He has a very sweet disposition, but since he was a guard and bomb dog, I know that if he ever felt someone was threatening us, he would become one protective dog. It's only been nine hours since I first saw him, but it was love at first sight. :)
posted by Gracey at Friday, April 27, 2007 -
9 Comments:
  • At 4/28/2007 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh he's such a handsome boy!

    The cats will probably always grumble at him...heck my oldest cat still hasn't fogiven us for having kids!

     
  • At 4/28/2007 1:51 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    He's a beautiful dog. Very cool!

    The cats won't accept him. Cats aren't very forgiving.

     
  • At 4/28/2007 7:01 PM, Blogger MoJoKat said…

    Congratulations on your new addition! The cats may never accept him, but hey, he's family, and they just have to deal with that fact.

    I am glad that it worked out for you to get him and that he's been adopted into a great family!

    Enjoy!

     
  • At 4/30/2007 7:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    He's gorgeous, Gracie. I'm certain he'll be fantastic company for you. You've made an excellent choice. Enjoy him!

     
  • At 4/30/2007 9:24 AM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said…

    Awwwwww- what a cute dog. I think he's great. Congratulations. Dogs are the best. They bring such joy.

     
  • At 4/30/2007 10:49 AM, Blogger FishFam said…

    I'm so glad you adopted him Gracey. He is going to love you guys so much - and take such good care of you when hubby is away. Congrats on your new baby!

     
  • At 4/30/2007 1:27 PM, Blogger Tink said…

    Adorable! What made you guys decide to get a dog?

     
  • At 4/30/2007 4:24 PM, Blogger Chelle Y. said…

    I love him!

     
  • At 5/01/2007 1:22 PM, Blogger Angela Marie said…

    Oh Grace! He is beautiful!! What a gorgeous G.S..

    I can't think of a nicer family to go to than you.

    I am also happy that you won't be by yourself when your hubby goes.

    :)

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie