Thursday, March 22, 2007
The Path
There is a path that each of us decides to take. It is either a path that will lead to happiness, joy, and contentment or sadness, anger, and bitterness. What path did I take? I have taken each one of those paths through different stages of my short existence. Do you know what I have learned from each path that was taken? I learned that I would rather go down the road of happiness, joy, and contentment. Isn't that obvious.....I mean, who wouldn't want to take that road, but you see, we all have the choice! We choose whether to be happy or sad, we choose whether to be bitter or to forgive, we choose to be content or discontent, WE CHOOSE.

There are circumstances that will initially make us sad, such as a death of a loved one, but after the grief has worked its cruel hand through us, we have to choose how we are going to handle that loss for the rest of our lives. Do you blame God for taking that loved one? Do you hate that drunk that slammed his car in your loved one's car? Do you blame yourself forever for not saying "I love you" as often as you should have when that loved one was alive and standing in front of you? OR Do you choose to remember that every man has a time appointed to them to leave this world? Do you choose to forgive the drunk and release a weight of bitterness that has engulfed your life? Do you choose to learn from your past mistake and tell the ones that are still standing in front of you how much they mean to you?

No one else can make the choice for you......it's all up to you! Life is too short for a life full of sadness, depression, anger, discontentment, and bitterness. It's alright to feel these emotions initially when incidents occur in life because we then would not be human if we didn't feel anything, but remember you can walk down that main road but there will be a time when you will need to take one path or the other. Now, which path will you take, my dear friends?
posted by Gracey at Thursday, March 22, 2007 -
7 Comments:
  • At 3/22/2007 8:08 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    *Looks around*

    Were you talking to me?

    I've been looking for those better paths for a long time. I can't seem to find them.

    I'll keep looking though. You never know. I might just stumble across it someday.

     
  • At 3/23/2007 6:27 AM, Blogger MoJoKat said…

    Good post and very true! We have to chose and sometimes the path that looks the hardest to forge through, quite often is the path with the best rewards at the end.

    Thanks for the through provokation this early!

     
  • At 3/23/2007 11:48 AM, Blogger Tink said…

    You could have been a motivational speaker. ;)

    BTW, I forgot to mention sooner, I left Meme questions for you in Wednesday's post!

     
  • At 3/23/2007 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gracey

    Well said! Our attitude in life is essentially a choice. It can either be a decision to make the best of the life we have made for ourselves and been given, or we can allow outside negativity to overwhelm our emotions, engulfing us in pessimism. I say, make the proverbial Lemonade.

    JJ

     
  • At 3/24/2007 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Grace, you don't know me but I came across your blog the other day. You are, my boyfriend is overseas right now. He is in the navy and they are in the Arabian Sea. He's been gone for 2 years but is due to come home at the end of next month!!! Yay! I am so excited! I'm sure you know how I feel. Well, I just felt an instant bond with you when I found out you had a man in the military too! I don't know, I guess I'm just looking for friends who know what I'm going through.
    Drop me a line sometime, I'd love to talk. Here's my email address: tallahassee.noles@gmail.com

    Thanks! By the way, great blog!

     
  • At 3/25/2007 4:49 PM, Blogger abcd said…

    Hey dear, visiting you today is like a greate refreshment... your new avatar is so sweet, so cheerful, and the music in this post... wow!! it gives me positive energy to walk on my path today.
    hugsssss gracey

     
  • At 3/29/2007 10:59 PM, Blogger Angela Marie said…

    Our emotions are to flow in and out like the waves of the ocean. We should feel what we are feeling as they come, but then we need to let go. It is when we "hold" on, we tend to get into trouble.

    It is a choice.

    Great post!

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie