Monday, March 05, 2007
Conceited or Just Knowing You're Beautiful??
No, I'm not talking about me. I've always been known as the "cute" girl. It's never been the words--beautiful, gourgeous, sexy, and every other word that describes some other lucky women. It's always been, "she's cute." Cute??? What does that exactly mean anyway? I guess it's much better than being called "ugly", but c'mon it's kind of the half way mark to being "alright" and "pretty". Of course, my husband has called me every word that I've mentioned above (except for the ugly word, well, except maybe when he sees me in the morning...kidding! LOL) and what he thinks really is the only thing that matters, but you women know what I'm talking about when I say that sometimes it would be nice for others to consider us all of the above as well.

Why am I getting off on this you are probably wondering? Well, I know someone that is considered "beautiful" by men and women alike. Heck, I think she's beautiful also. The only thing is sometimes I feel like she flaunts it. Maybe she's not, maybe it's in my imagination, but it seems she's always having pictures taken of herself or she takes them of herself making that "sexy pouting" look and posing all sexy too in the pictures. Is that normal? Do all people actually take pictures like that? I know I don't; if I ever try that sexy look I always end up looking ridiculous. Yes, by myself when Jer wasn't home, I admit that I have tried to duplicate that "look" and I just laugh at the results when I see myself on my computer. So, I always end up with only the smiley face because I know I'm "cute" and can't pull off that beautiful, sexy look.

My question is, Is it conceited to be taking pictures of yourself or having pictures taken of you doing the "look" and is it more conceited to put more than one slideshow of all those pictures of ONLY you doing that "look" on your myspace account? Is it conceited or just knowing your beautiful? You decide, I'm interested to know what people's opinion is on that........
posted by Gracey at Monday, March 05, 2007 -
9 Comments:
  • At 3/05/2007 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gracey~~came by way of Jay's. Ya wanted an opinion? On whether me would think someone conceited doing ''that look' and postin it an is it more conceited to make a slide show of it??

    OK. To be honest me couldnt do cuz me is just to damn shy and wouldnt do it for anyone. Hell me had a hell of a hard time posing for a picture for me ole man while he was outta town so me could email to HIM alone. But, NO girl. It is not conceited to do so. If yer confortable with yerself and is able to pull it off.. Me says.. Go for it and knock um dead!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 3/05/2007 5:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First, Gracey you've always been beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, and glamorous in my eyes. I don't think you've ever been just plain "cute".

    But, you've tipped off an interesting topic. Is it concieted to flaunt good looks in countless photographs? Personally, no I don't think it is. Its possible that the individual in question is just doing what she thinks is fun, or attempting to smear her "look" photo all over the place in hopes of "being discovered" by Tyra Banks. Then she can be "in the running to be America's next top model".

    People are strange. Some people collect stamps, others watch birds, run ridiculous distances or blog on the internet. Others take pictures of themselves. It takes all kinds to make the world go round. Her pictures may be in bad taste or down right inappropriate for public display, but they're not necessarily proof that she's concieted.

    Love
    Jeremy

     
  • At 3/05/2007 8:40 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    Well, firt of all, cute is better than beautiful. Cute means "real" and means not only pretty but smart and funny and all those other things. So, "cute" kinda means the total package of looks and smarts and personality. So, cute is probably a bigger compliment than beautiful. Beautiful is pretty superficial.

    Anyway, I don't know if it makes her concieted or not. Maybe, in reality she's insecure. So, she puts these pictures up strictly to get compliments. Maybe she feels like her personality isn't very likable and the only thing she has going for her is looks.

    It's okay for a person to be proud of the way he/she looks. But, if that is the only thing that person has going for him/her then that's a bad thing.

    Also, if a person is rude or hateful or stupid or just not a very nice person then that definately takes away from their beauty a lot.

     
  • At 3/05/2007 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First of all, I totally agree with Jay about cute and the total package.

    But, I also think you are beautiful. It's not so much one of those rare in-your-face-drop-dead-head-turnig beauty as it is a quiet beauty. You have the kind of beauty that the more you look, the lovlier you are. Your beauty isn't going to fade away. You also have an even rarer inner beauty...and it shines so brightly with everything you say. Definitely the whole package.

    As for the poser girl...everyone has a certain narcissism about them. This girls seems to be a bit more develped than others! She could be a great person, but I think she might be a tad bit conceited.

     
  • At 3/05/2007 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are cute because you seem to have a fun and bubbly side that is true and genuine. But you are beautiful too because it is evident that you are a kind soul- that comes from the inside and radiates out.

    As far as your friend goes, it's hard to tell confidence from conceit sometimes. Confidence is good, conceit isn't.

    Keep smiling in your pictures! :-)

     
  • At 3/05/2007 1:04 PM, Blogger Reforming Baptist said…

    "Cute" in Elizabethen English originally meant: "bow legged"...I hope that makes you feel better. :)

     
  • At 3/05/2007 1:23 PM, Blogger Gracey said…

    Newfies: Thanks for coming by way of Jay's. It's always nice to see someone new!

    Jeremy: See, this is why I married you....you are the sweetest man alive! And, plus, I love you! :)

    Chelle: Dang, I thought I hid it so well--the fact that I was talking about you! :) Kidding! I think you are beautiful too! We "cute" ones need to stick together though!

    Jay: I like seeing your sensitive side come out! I never thought about it the way you explained it--thanks for the new perspective.

    Susan: I'm glad you consider me the "whole package". That is one of the nicest compliments I've ever gotten.

    Lisa: This acquintance is generally a nice person and she doesn't come across too conceited; it's just sometimes but she does have loads of confidence. Definitely more than me! I would be too embarrassed to put pictures of me like that even if I did look great in them.

    Will: My dear brother, how I love you! So, now I'm "bow legged", huh?? Great, I do feel so much better. LOL

     
  • At 3/06/2007 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Grace,

    You were 3 years old the first time I met you. From that time on I knew you were a beautiful person inside and out.

     
  • At 3/07/2007 1:18 PM, Blogger Tink said…

    Golden rule: If someone has more pictures of themself than anyone else, they're conceited... Or really insecure. My guess is that someone, somewhere down the line, told her that pose was "sexy." So now that's all she does.

    And although I know you're not digging for compliments, I feel the need to tell you. You're not "cute." You're a hottie.

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie