Wednesday, February 28, 2007
What A Week!
As most of you know, I was in FL last week and then I met Jeremy in Savannah, GA for a little weekend getaway. It was very nice and I'll pictures will be below. It was so great being back in FL. I feel that it is my "comfort zone" there, and I think it's because I enjoyed living there so much after college. I got to see my auntie and if you're reading this, Auntie, thanks for letting me stay! I took one afternoon and drove to all the spots where Jeremy and I first met (at the beach), the place where we got married, our ugly little house that we first lived in....it was great just going down memory lane even though it wasn't that long ago. It just sometimes feels like it was many years ago but at the same time, it feels just like yesterday. Do you know what I mean?

Our little weekend in Savannah was so interesting. Everything is just so historical. I couldn't get over the houses there....most of them are very old and have many tales to tell I'm sure....if only walls could talk! We went on a ghost tour at night and it was the most interesting time. It was fun walking around the streets hearing the history and ghost tales that were linked to different buildings and areas. Our guide had lived his whole life in Savannah and his family were the fifth generation of Irish settlers to go there, so he definitely knew his stuff. Anyway, I'll leave some pictures for you to see now.

By the way, Bugsy wants you to know that she is feeling better. She has antibiotics in her system and is resting now. She didn't like the doctor putting the thermometer in her butt though, but she knows some things just have to be done! :)

River Street
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I absolutely adored this beautiful cathedral.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The stain glass work was amazing! The picture doesn't give it justice.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I couldn't remember what the significance of that bell was, but I'm sure it was something important! :)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

City Hall Dome
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The old graveyard we visited....aren't those trees so haunting?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This one is for Jay! I know he'll appreciate it the most! Paula Deen's Restaurant!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We were very lucky to get in, the place was packed but it was well worth it. The food was incredible!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
posted by Gracey at Wednesday, February 28, 2007 -
14 Comments:
  • At 2/28/2007 7:00 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    You guys ate at Paula's??? I'm jealous! I would love to visit Savannah. It's so full of such great history and stories. I love places like that.

     
  • At 2/28/2007 8:08 AM, Blogger MoJoKat said…

    Your pictures are great! It looks like you had a great time with your hunny! Its always nice to get away together!

    Oh, and I'm glad things are ok with your kitty and she's getting better!

     
  • At 2/28/2007 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It looks like a wonderful trip.

     
  • At 2/28/2007 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a pretty area! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time.

     
  • At 2/28/2007 12:50 PM, Blogger Tink said…

    Great pictures! I miss Savannah. Hoop and I had so much fun there, besides the mishap at the Alamo Inn.

    Do you know who your hubby looks like? I just realized! He looks like an older version of Chelle's son. That's a compliment. Brendan is a cutie.

     
  • At 3/01/2007 2:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I *love* that tree, nice pics you took on your holiday.

    Cheers

     
  • At 3/01/2007 8:18 PM, Blogger Kell said…

    Welcome back! That looks like a wonderful trip; I'd love to go to Savannah. And I'm so jealous you ate at Paula Dean's restaurant! What did you have? Something either fried or made with butter, I bet:)

     
  • At 3/01/2007 10:25 PM, Blogger Angela Marie said…

    So good to hear that kitty is doing better!

    The pictures are wonderful! And you even ate at Paula Dean's restaurant! Yummy :)

    Those little get aways are the best!

    sending my best to you!

     
  • At 3/01/2007 10:32 PM, Blogger abcd said…

    Thanks for sharing the pictures and you are so beautiful and sweet.
    It must be a very nice trip for both of you.

     
  • At 3/02/2007 4:47 AM, Blogger Gracey said…

    Jay: Ya, I thought about you when we were at Paula's. I knew you would be jealous! :)

    Kat: It was a nice getaway; I loved every minute of it.

    OddMix: Nice to see you again.

    Susan: It is gorgeous....you should go to visit sometime!

    Tink: I must hear the Alamo Inn story sometime...I can only imagine what mishap you guys ran into. LOL I never thought about Jer looking like Brendan but yep, I can see it alittle bit, minus the blonde hair.

    Nocturnal: Welcome to my site! nice to see you.

    Kell: We ate all the terrible things for you. Fried chicken, cheese biscuits, mash potatoes that had so much butter in them, etc. Her peach cobbler was to die for....that was my favorite!

    Angela Marie: Yep, it was yummy and something I will always remember.

    Pink: Thank you for the compliment...you're sweet too!

     
  • At 3/03/2007 6:38 PM, Blogger FishFam said…

    great pics Gracey! Have fun on your househunting trip here in Texas. The weather has been fantastic!! How far are you going to be from SA?

     
  • At 3/03/2007 7:50 PM, Blogger Nabeel said…

    I'd rather say what a day (the day these pictures were taken) .. looks soo warm and lovely pictures. I miss summer.

     
  • At 3/05/2007 12:22 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    It's been a while since we were in Savannah but I was just a little disappointed at the Riverfront, I thought there would be more stuff! lol Did you seeeeeeeee the Waving Girl statue??? I LOVED her! I hate to tell this but one time my daughter and I just visited and we went out with Damon's girlfriend. We went to a club there on the Riverfront and just drank toooooo, tooooo much beer! Phew! We were really letting our hair down, because Damon had just been sent to Korea and we were all upset! so we tryed to drown our tears in some beers! Anyway, a woman wanted to beat me up and I can't remember why! Isn't that funny? and Damon's girlfriend drove around and couldn't even find her apartment for some time and Gina got sick! Phew! What a night, we were even stopped by the police but not for drunken driving which they could have arrested us all for! We had a burned out light in the back! I haven't drank much beer since and that's been years ago but that is a Savannah memory! Do they still have Checkers?

     
  • At 3/07/2007 10:04 AM, Blogger Klatuu o embuçado said…

    It must be great to find a monument older then 100 years in the States... :)
    In Portugal we have monuments 1000 years old.
    Though those ones are beautiful.

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie