Thursday, February 08, 2007
Update #2 on Melanie
Written by J.T. on Wednesday night:

I have said it so many times already... everyones support, prayers, and thoughts are very much appreciated. Its just amazing how God is using you all to encourage us as we continue to fight this battle. Waiting is probably the hardest part.
As I just got off the phone with the nurse, from checking up on my beautiful wife, she informed me that Melanie has responded a few times to her name this evening by fluttering her eyes and making some motions with her fingers. God continues to answer prayers each day... My heart breaks because I can almost see the day when I can hear her voice again...
It so happens that I am sitting and listening to Stan Whitmire as he plays It Is Well With My Soul... Lord you have given me the perfect song for this moment! I thank You so much!
To update you... this mornings minor surgery went well. They were able to close her tummy and clean out the wounds. After the surgery, her heart rate was a little above desirable(135), but has now come down to about 115, which is much better. She did have a bit of a temperature around 8pm or so, but after just speaking with the nurse, that has gone down as well.
Friday is still the date for the pelvic surgery... Dr. Trabrizi said that it could take an hour or it could take 6-7hours. If they are able to see inside her tummy without too much swelling, they should be able to finish within an hour. If not, they will do as much as they can and then sew her up and finish next week. He just feels that she isn't healthy enough to sit through a six hour surgery. Please pray that she continues to improve so they can move forward with the surgery on Friday, and get her on the road to recovery. She is our little angel...
Tomorrow I will update you folks again.
God bless you all,
J.T.
posted by Gracey at Thursday, February 08, 2007 -
3 Comments:
  • At 2/08/2007 6:38 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    I hope this next surgery goes quickly and smoothly. Just hang in there and don't give up hope.

     
  • At 2/08/2007 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so glad that she seems to be doing better and is able to have the needed surgery tomorrow. I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts

     
  • At 2/09/2007 11:49 AM, Blogger Tink said…

    I keep coming back here hoping for good news and updates. You all are in my thoughts.

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie