Thursday, January 25, 2007
I Need You, God
These past few days have been hard for me. I don't really want to go into why it's been hard, but I know that my faith and trust in God will be tested over the course of this next year. I've always struggled with putting my whole trust in God because that means letting go of areas that I want to control. Well, in this particular area, I can't and never will be able to control and it really is in God's hands. I love one part of a song I heard a couple days back; it said, "I'm not skilled to understand what God has willed, what God has planned. I only know at His right hand stands one who is my Savior. My Savior loves, my Savior lives, my Savior is always there for me....." There was a question in an earlier blog that asked What was my inspiration? and I said it was when I read the Bible and how I found all these people who were so strong in their faith of Christ, but they were humans just like me and faltered at times but they always got back on track. I know during this next year my trust and faith is going to falter at times, but I know that I can never forsake the One who loves me and who has always been right beside me.

(Below are just excerpts from the passages.)

1. When you are in sorrow, read John 14
Let not your heart be troubled, you believe in God, believe also in Me. In my Father's house are many mansions, if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.

Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

2. When you worry, read Matthew 6: 25-34
Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

3. When you are lonely or fearful, read Psalm 23.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul, He leads me inthe paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

4. When the world seems bigger than God, read Psalm 90.
Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth or ever You had formed teh earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.

5. When you feel bitter or critical, read I Corinthians 13.
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

6. When men fail you, read Psalm 27.
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?

7.When you need rest and peace, read Matthew 11: 28-30
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and My burden is light.
posted by Gracey at Thursday, January 25, 2007 -
7 Comments:
  • At 1/25/2007 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gracey, I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time right now. I know how hard it is to let go and give things over to Him. It's an on-going struggle.

    I've seen those passages referenced like this before- thank you for sharing, it's a good reminder. :-)

    :Hugs:

     
  • At 1/25/2007 3:23 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    I was looking for that Corinthians passage the other night, LOVE is the greatest of these! I looked and looked! Thanks! I'm begging for prayers today on my Blog! I will also say some prayers for YOU! xo, Cinda

     
  • At 1/26/2007 7:28 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    Sorry you're feeling down and having a hard time. But, you'll get through it and be stronger for it. You know you've always got your blog friends too!

    Hope today is better.

     
  • At 1/26/2007 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you find what you are needing soon. Sometimes life can be really hard. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

     
  • At 1/26/2007 1:08 PM, Blogger MoJoKat said…

    I'm truly sorry that things are tough and you have a rough year ahead of you! I will keep you in my prayers that God will provide the strength and encouragement you need to get through.

    One of my favorite sayings I heard a few years back is "If He leads you to it, He'll lead you through it!" Remember that God will not give you more than He knows you can handle!

    If there is anything I can do to help, I'm here for you!

     
  • At 1/26/2007 1:39 PM, Blogger Tink said…

    I'm sorry things are rough for you right now... You are always in my thoughts and wishes. ((HUG))

     
  • At 1/26/2007 11:43 PM, Blogger Angela Marie said…

    Gracey, I will keep you in my prayers.

    (hug)

    Thank You for all of these verses. They will be helpful for when I am feeling this way.

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie