Friday, January 12, 2007
Where Was I Born And Where Have I Lived??
Thanks to Tink I have a topic to write about because I'm having writer's block today. This is one of many questions Tink had on her list in case something like this happened .

Since I don't remember the events surrounding my birth, I can only go by what my mother and father have told me. I was born in Santa Clara, CA in a hospital that my parents loved to point out whenever we would pass it during my childhood. I don't know the exact room or even who my doctor was that brought me into this world. I do know from my dad that I supposedly "shot out like a rocket". Guess I was really ready to start living!

My childhood was a stable one in that we didn't really ever move. I grew up in the house that will always be known as "home" to me. As a child, I thought our house was big, but now that I look back, it was pretty small. When I was in my junior year of highschool, my dad told us we were moving to an apartment complex that my parents were going to manage because they were going to be building a new house in Hollister, CA. I will never forget being so mad at my dad for moving us. It was really hard for me since that was the house I grew up in. Dad held onto the house and rented out for awhile and then sold it while the new one was being built. I didn't even really get to enjoy the new home because I was only there for a few months before I headed out to Florida for college.

I went to college in Pensacola, FL and was so excited to be "out on my own". What a shell shocker that was when I found out just how many rules there were that had to be followed if you wanted to stay as a student. (It was a private college so they were allowed to do that.) I saw many people drop in and out, but I persevered and made it to graduation day four years later.

After graduation, I headed about six hours south from Pensacola to Merritt Island, FL to stay with my aunt for the summer. Well, I kinda already had a plan established that I was really going to stay for good in Florida but I didn't tell my parents that because I knew they would get upset. I just kept it to myself and I found a job a month and a half later and settled myself as a Floridian. Those were my first three years actually living single. I made mistakes and I learned from them. I was only 21 at the time and that was the time to learn life's lessons and it's usually the hard way that we learn them. If I had gone back to CA, I would have never met my husband, so you see, I didn't even know it but God had a plan for me already working itself out. I was in Merritt Island until I got married in April 2005.

Jeremy was stationed to San Antonio, TX. We moved there and bought our first home. We thought we would be there for 2-3 years but it didn't work out that way. While in Texas, I got a job with a financial company that now I look back as both a good and bad experience. It taught me alot about other people and how some people are truly selfish and unhappy. It also taught me to stand up for myself and at the same time turn the other cheek when it was needed. I did get to know some great coworkers and we really got each other through some bad times. It was during this time in San Antonio that Jeremy decided to transfer from the Airforce into the Army and we were called to come to Fort Jackson in Columbia, SC.

So, it now brings us to the present. We only have three and a half more months here and not sure where the next move will take us to. I'm crossing my fingers that we will find out in a month where the next place will be and when I know, I will be sure to report it to you all.

Well, that is my story for today. I know it wasn't too exciting but maybe you learned something new about me anyway. :) Have a great weekend everyone!!!
posted by Gracey at Friday, January 12, 2007 -
5 Comments:
  • At 1/12/2007 11:57 AM, Blogger Tink said…

    Glad the P.I.T.S. list came in handy! My family were like gypsies growing up. We moved to so many different houses/places. I think it would have been really cool to grow up in one house for the majority of my childhood.

     
  • At 1/12/2007 3:33 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Hmm .... Okay, so now I understand. I had remembered that you said Jeremy went to the Air Force Acadamey. Then you talked about the Army and I got confused, but didn't ask cause I figured it was just me. Now I see that he transfered from the AF to the Army.

    Cool, I'm not going crazy. haha

    Hopefully you guys will go somewhere cool next! Not cold .. but you know KEWL!

     
  • At 1/12/2007 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I feel really lucky that I got to grow up in one home as well. Although I always felt a little bit left out that we were one of few military families I knew that didn't get to tour the world. (only my dad went on tour)

     
  • At 1/13/2007 5:54 PM, Blogger FishFam said…

    I hope your transfer brings you back to SA...since I will be there shortly too :)

     
  • At 1/15/2007 2:51 AM, Blogger Norma said…

    Very well written memories. Interesting that in your early life you were in one town, one house, and have in such a brief time moved frequently.

    My Monday Memories is up. Nothing heavy, just fun.

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie