Wednesday, March 14, 2007
The Agony Of A Cavity
I just came back from the dentist and all I can think is "I wish I would have taken better care of my teeth when I was younger!" I was a terrible child. I never obeyed the dentist or my parents. I mean what is so hard with brushing your teeth and flossing??? When I had braces, I never followed instructions and because of my lack of obedience, I probably could have been in the book of world records for the longest wearer of braces. I do not exaggerate! And then to make matters worse for my parents, once my braces did come off, I stopped using my retainer, and consequently some of my bottom teeth became crooked again. My dad had enough at that point (I don't blame him and said, "If you want those teeth straight again, you can pay for them yourself!"

So, now I sit here with one side of my face completely numb and my top and bottom molars very sore from getting fillings replaced from when I was a teenager. I could just kick myself because you know the older you get the problems with your teeth just get worse. Even though I brush and floss everyday now, I still have to suffer the consequences from being a lazy little ass in my youth (excuse the "ass" word) but it's true and I get mad at myself for it. I hate going to the dentist because I'm always afraid he/she is going to say it's time to refill one of my many fillings. I am happy to report that since I have corrected the errors of my ways I have not had any new cavities come up, but I still have to suffer the consequences from the sins of my youth. :) :(

IF I HAD ONLY KNOWN WHAT I KNOW NOW.......
posted by Gracey at Wednesday, March 14, 2007 -
5 Comments:
  • At 3/14/2007 7:51 AM, Blogger MoJoKat said…

    Oh, Boy do I know what you're talking about. I have to go to the dentist tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to it. If only I had been good about flossing, things would be much different now. Sigh!

    I hope your pain is quick in leaving! Wish me luck tomorrow! ;-)

     
  • At 3/14/2007 8:20 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    I know what you are talking about too!

    And dentists are sooooo evil!! ;-)

     
  • At 3/14/2007 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "IF I HAD ONLY KNOWN WHAT I KNOW NOW.......

    I think that is something we can all say.

     
  • At 3/15/2007 11:03 AM, Blogger Reforming Baptist said…

    I know this is unrelated, but did you hear that your old pastor in San Antonio is stepping down becuz of bad health? here's a link

    http://theworldfrommywindow.blogspot.com/2007/03/lucado-stepping-down-as-senior-pastor.html

     
  • At 3/18/2007 12:04 AM, Blogger Angela Marie said…

    I do NOT like going to the dentist! IF I had known what I know NOW.... I would have taken better care of my teeth when I was younger also! ugh.

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie