Friday, April 06, 2007
Catching Up....
It's been a pretty busy week for me. Moving in just two short weeks so I've been decluttering the closets and drawers and am trying to make my pack rat ways disappear. Of course, now that I've given away most of my clothing, I'll be looking like a pauper for awhile until I can go shopping for some new items for my wardrobe. The kitties were mad at me this past week because I had to haul both of them to the vet to get their shots, and just wait till the movers come in a week and a half, the cats will definitely go back to their psycho ways. Cats are such tempermental creatures that is why I have sedatives to knock them out for the journey to their new home.

Don't know if I told you all this or not but I'm going to be adopting a retired military war dog. I know its going to be a German Shephard and I'm really excited about it. Not only will it be a great companion for me when Jer is deployed but I'll feel more protected in my house at night with my new trained attack dog. Warning to all those bad guys out there: DON'T BE MESSING WITH ME!!! :)

On that happy note, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I'm sorry you haven't been hearing much from me. I expect it's going to be like that for the next couple of weeks until I'm settled in our new place, but that doesn't mean I'm not thinking of you!
posted by Gracey at Friday, April 06, 2007 -
5 Comments:
  • At 4/06/2007 7:33 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    Man I hate moving. What a pain in the rear. But, it does give you a chance to get rid of all the junk that's just sitting around.

    I hope that dog likes cats! LOL

    I worry about those retired war dogs. They're great, but I would be afraid he'd be too aggressive.

     
  • At 4/06/2007 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How do you already have your dog picked out? I think it's great that you are adopting an older dog. People get caught up in the "cute" factor of pups and don't realize how wonderful an older dog can be. I just hope he/she gets along well with the psycho cats!

     
  • At 4/06/2007 6:59 PM, Blogger Kell said…

    I didn't know you could adopt those dogs! That's a great. I'd love to do that--how did you do that? He'll be a great comfort to you while Jer is deployed.

    I can't remember where you are moving to. We've been talking about moving, also. We've been here 2 years, so it's time for Al to start looking for another job. He might try to stay here a little longer, so I can put off moving another couple of years.

     
  • At 4/07/2007 5:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Moving is always such a pain, but it does make you weed through things. I know that since I've stopped moving frequently I've accumulated a lot more stuff!

    I think adopting a dog will be terrific. You'll have company and feel very safe.

    Have a wonderful Easter!

     
  • At 4/07/2007 10:36 AM, Blogger Angela Marie said…

    You will have to post some pics of your new baby.

    I know that moving is a pain... but It is also exciting. New place, new start, new canvas... etc.

    I have been missing you sweets, seeing your pretty face on my comments, I do understand though. I just keep comin back to your blogspot to see you.

    :) loves to you and bunches of hugs!
    Have a wonderful glorious Easter!

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie