Friday, September 01, 2006
Saying Goodbye To Buster

Little Buster is the black and white kitty in this picture. We have to give up one of our cats since we have to move into an apartment in SC and they will only take two cats. The other kitty is Bugsy and she is best buddies with Buster. She's been with him since she was just a tiny little kitten. Tomorrow we'll be dropping off Buster with his new family, and even though they are extremely excited to have him join their family, my heart is breaking because he is part of my family! How do you choose among three of your cats? I didn't do the choosing; Jer pretty much did. We couldn't give away Bugsy because she isn't the friendliest cat and it takes a special type of person to love her. I don't think most people would have the patience to deal with her weird antics. Buttons (who is not featured here) is this major mass of fur and is very high maintenance (plus he's pretty scared of people too). Buster is really the only sociable one and would make a family very happy. He really doesn't mind strangers after a good 15 minutes; he loves to be petted and have his little chin scratched. I know most people would probably think I was making a big deal out of nothing, but I really love my animals and they are like little children to me. I truly believe that your pets should be for life; you just don't get rid of them if you are tired of them or they become an inconvenience. It really does break my heart that I have to let one of mine go. I'm glad we found a good home for him and I told them that if they ever think about giving him away or anything like that, they have to let me know because I don't care what I have to do but I will take him back! Yes, I guess I am a crazy cat lady but they are more than pets to me.
posted by Gracey at Friday, September 01, 2006 -
1 Comments:
  • At 9/02/2006 6:52 AM, Blogger Gracey said…

    Mrs. Hudson: I'm glad someone feels my pain and is empathetic. Jer just chuckles (shaking his head) when I get all sad because of my kitties. Men don't understand these things....they don't get attached like some of us women do. :)

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie