Sunday, July 09, 2006
When I think of Worship, many things come to my mind. I first think of the many ways there are to worship our God. It's not only through music, singing, lifting your hands to heaven to praise Him, but it's also through our actions. When we are kind and loving to someone who is less fortunate, that is a act of worship to God. It is showing the reflection of Him through our selfless actions. Since my husband and I have been blessed financially, we absolutely love to give to Samaritan Purse headed by Frank and Billy Graham. They have sent us DVD's that show what the financial gifts have helped the victims of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, people in Africa rebuilding churches after the massacres happened...I was so happy that we were able to donate enough to build one small building in Africa. I'm not saying this to brag because it was definitely given from my heart.
I have a little girl in India that I've been supporting through Compassion since 2004. I love to receive letters from her letting me know that she enjoys the school she is able to go to, the food she is provided, and how she learns different lessons in Sunday School. I absolutely love when she writes and addresses me as her "Sponsor Mom". I am so happy that I can be part of making a difference for an Indian family and I've also received word from her parents (through a translator). It makes it seem a little more real when I get to hear from my sponsor child and her family. I just hope someday I will have the chance to go to India and meet her in person.
I hope that I can bring a smile to God's face when He sees that instead of thinking that giving is a requirement, it's more of an act of worship to Him. I give in His name and to let Him know that I am so grateful for the blessings He's given my family.
posted by Gracey at Sunday, July 09, 2006 -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie