Sunday, July 23, 2006
Love That Ice Cream!
I am a complete ice cream fanatic. Read all the magazines and they tell you the same thing--portion control! Well, when it comes to ice cream, I don't have much self control and I definitely don't do the portion control. Even as I'm typing I have a carton of Rocky Road in front of me. Of course, now that they have come out with the "Slow Churned 1/2 the Fat" kind of ice cream, I convince myself that it's okay to eat even more.

The other day I had gone to the gym and worked off 450 calories running 4.42 miles on the elliptical machine. I was very proud of myself and when I got home I was still basking in my accomplishment. I opened the refrigerator to grab a bottled water and then instinctively I opened the freezer--just to take that one look inside--don't know why it's not like anything has changed from the last time I did. And there it was....looking at me and taunting me....that wonderful carton of ice cream. I had no will power; it had power over me! This time though I did what any self respecting woman would do--I shut the door and walked away. Ha! I had beat the temptation (at least for the time being) I had some by the time it was lunch but at least I had not fallen to it's alluring calling......I call this baby steps; I'm learning to say "no" little by little. I can't help it....I love ice cream!

Cheetos are another evil favorite of mine. I can practically eat a whole bag within a few days. I do not have chips in my pantry because I know I can't help but snack on those. I know what you all are thinking......"Why not keep ice cream out of your freezer then?"

Well, that is just asking too much of me. If I have to choose the lesser of two evils, I go for the ice cream for sure! I can't deprive myself of the little joys in life.
posted by Gracey at Sunday, July 23, 2006 -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie