Sunday, September 03, 2006
Another Tribute To Buster

Here is me and Buster moments before he got stuck in the cage to go to his new home. Look at those eyes! Big as saucers! Whenever he saw the cage come out, he usually would freak because it could only mean one thing--going to the doctor! But not this time buddy....he went to his new home. The little boy we gave him to has called us already three times to let us know how Buster is doing. I don't think I'll have to worry about him not getting enough lovin. Nonethheless, it was so hard to walk away from him; I cried in the car as Jer drove home. It does feel weird not having him around the house. He had his own unique personality and it was so cute.

But I think more heartbreaking than walking away was the little boy that we gave him to was crying too for another reason. Jeremy volunteered about a year ago with the Big Brother, Big Sisters organization and he was assigned to be a "Big Brother" to Marc. Marc was very upset that his big brother was moving in a few weeks and was crying and saying, "I'm going to miss you, Jeremy." It was too sweet! Jer told him that he would always have a little part of him because he had Buster now, and it was important that he take care of Buster because Buster represents the friendship that Marc and he had formed over the year. I don't like seeing little kids cry; it was too sad, so of course, when I got in the car, I just had to let the tears out.

It's been one full day without my Buster, and I'm not used to his being gone. I caught myself calling all three cats to come upstairs, and instantly remembered that Buster was now a companion for another family. It's very sad but I'm also glad that we gave him to a little boy that thinks that he will always have a part of Jeremy because he has Buster.
posted by Gracey at Sunday, September 03, 2006 -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie