Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Adoption
Unfortunately, our dog, Nero, has become quite ill and he's on five different medications. (you can imagine that bill...yikes!) The vet thinks that a few of the infections were probably passed onto Nero from the puppy. Yesterday the pup dug the biggest hole I have ever seen near the fence and squirmed his way out. When I came home from work, he was nowhere to be found. Sometime later a neighbor saw me walking down the street looking for something and asked me if I was looking for a dog. He had taken the pup into his backyard and I could tell he was ready to give it back to me! :) Since he's a coon hound dog, he's always wants to run and our backyard isn't big enough for him, and he's also chewed our back door frame. Jeremy isn't a happy camper right now and I can understand that with everything that has been going on.

I had put an ad in the paper a week ago to see if anyone would claim him and I also gave his description to Animal Control in case someone called in there, but to my surprise, no one has claimed him. Maybe he was abandoned after all and that just makes me very sad. He is more than a handful but that is no reason to abandon a pup.

I hope you all don't mind my plan at this point. I am going to get all his vaccinations and I think he has some type of parasite too, so I'm pretty sure he will be on medication. I plan to take him for everything this week (I had to wait to get paid too) and after I know he's completely well, I'll be looking for a loving home for him and preferably a place with a very large yard or even a few acres. I would love to keep him and have been hoping to be able to, but it's not worth having my husband pulling his hair out because he's dug holes in our lawn and has chewed everything in sight. Since I'm working now, I can't give him the attention that he needs especially since he's a still a puppy and doesn't do well when he's alone.

If anyone doesn't like my plan from here and you have donated, I would be more than happy to give your money back. You all have my email so just email and let me know.

I hope you all understand my predicament and wish with all my heart that I could have kept him, but I'll be finding him a home soon and it will be just as satisfying to know that I and all of you were able to "save" this pup from going straight to Animal Control and having a good chance of being put down.

Thank you everyone for helping, but if you want your money back, I wouldn't be upset.
posted by Gracey at Tuesday, May 22, 2007 -
9 Comments:
  • At 5/22/2007 8:33 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    Sounds like he needs a big yard and maybe some kids who will pay lots of attention to him. I'm sure you'll find a great home for him.

     
  • At 5/22/2007 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You might want to look around for a rescue group in your area. The good ones are no kill and have a big network of volunteers to foster/care for the dogs, have adoption days, inspect prospective homes, and have relationships with vets to make sure the dogs get all the care they need without bankrupting you.

     
  • At 5/22/2007 10:12 AM, Blogger MoJoKat said…

    You have such a sweet hear, Gracey. Your plan is much more than many people would consider doing.

    I am certain that you will be able to find a great home for him, and you will be blessed for your efforts!

    Never change your heart!

     
  • At 5/22/2007 12:05 PM, Blogger Tink said…

    You're doing the right thing! You have such a good heart. I think you'll find the pup a PERFECT home.

     
  • At 5/22/2007 12:10 PM, Blogger FishFam said…

    Gracey, Some breeds just need more training and attention than others and it seems this pup is surely going to need that - plus alot of room to run. It is hard to take the "working" mentality out of a working dog. You have, and have gotten some great ideas - however do you have a Walmart near you? Usually at the end of the pet food isle they have an adoption board and you can hang his picture there. If you know his breed, you can google a rescue club for that particular breed and they can help you too. BTW - my check is on the way :)

     
  • At 5/22/2007 7:24 PM, Blogger Angela Marie said…

    Hey Sweetie... There is a home for him. I trust that you will see to that. ;)
    I believe that all of this did not transpire for nothing. I am looking forward to the happy ending. I have faith. It also feels good to know that I had a little tiny part in all of this.

    Grace, I love your heart!

     
  • At 5/23/2007 10:27 PM, Blogger Wanda said…

    Gracey: Do what ever you have to do. I wouldn't have sent a donation if I didn't trust you to do the right thing.
    I know the perfect home at the perfect time will come.
    Hang in there love...You're doing good.

     
  • At 5/24/2007 4:49 AM, Blogger FishFam said…

    Gracey - I think I had your address wrong..it came back. Can you send it to me again?

     
  • At 5/24/2007 3:47 PM, Blogger Chelle Y. said…

    It's so nice of you to all what you are doing for him. It's hard to care for animals, but it is also so wrong to abandon him like they did.

    Hopefully, he'll find a good home soon!

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie