Sunday, October 22, 2006
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yummy!! Don't they look good?? Well, tonight I was in the kitchen for an hour and a half making chicken enchiladas and Spanish rice for my husband. He loves when I make this dish but it does take alot of time and preparation. After I made the dinner, I said that I was craving chocolate chip cookies. But there was no way I was going to stay in the kitchen another hour baking. My sweet hubby decided to make the cookies for me. My first thought was a bit apprehensive because Jer likes to not follow a recipe at times and does the eye ball thing for measuring. It has back fired on him a few times, so I thought this might happen again.

So, I went into the kitchen and sneaked some dough for tasting and it tasted great. After those cookies were baked and I sunk my teeth in them, I was in heaven. My husband knows how to bake cookies!! Hint: The secret is that he replaces the butter with Crisco. Soooo fattening but soooo good! :) I love this man! He looked pretty cute too in the kitchen baking up a storm and after it was all said and done, he cleaned all the dishes that he used! What a great man I snatched up and married!
posted by Gracey at Sunday, October 22, 2006 -
2 Comments:
  • At 10/30/2006 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! Crisco in cookies instead of butter? I like to eat Crisco right out of the paackage, but I never imagined a useful application of that healthy substance in cooking!

    What a truly inspired idea. Please have your husband telephone me so I can learn how to be a better cook. I'd like to book him on my show.

    - Paula D.

     
  • At 10/30/2006 10:10 AM, Blogger Gracey said…

    Paula D. AKA Jeremy

    You're such a nerd...lol This is why I married you!

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie