Thursday, October 19, 2006
I'm A Southerner !


How I have missed being able to blog and read everyone else's blog! We finally made it to South Carolina and I feel like I'm in a completely different world. Everyone has that southern accent and they are so friendly here. People were pretty friendly in Texas but they are twenty times more friendly here. They like to call you "baby". It's very strange to hear especially when you were born and raised in California and there is no way anyone would call you "baby". :) We went from living in a 2707 square foot house to a little two-bedroom apartment, and we have too much junk!! I have already loaded my car with bags and boxes of stuff to give to goodwill. Oh well, we are only here for six months probably and then off to another adventure.

The army base, Fort Jackson, is beautiful. It has so many trees and it's just lush with green everywhere. It's so different from Texas and I have to say that I love all the trees around here. It's been cloudy for the past few days so I'm hoping this isn't a constant thing around here.

Well, I have to get back to work with unpacking everything and getting this place in some type of decent order.
posted by Gracey at Thursday, October 19, 2006 -
2 Comments:
  • At 10/19/2006 4:52 PM, Blogger Gracey said…

    Hi Dad!
    What are you doing with your own blog? I know you will never write anything on it!! Just want to comment, huh? :) My ancestors are from Virginia not me. I know what you are referring to though...you want me to twist my nose and say "I'm from Virginiaaaaa." in that okie, hillbilly accent...he he

     
  • At 10/23/2006 11:58 AM, Blogger Reforming Baptist said…

    Welcome home! Now you live like me and Karolina: in a little apartment!

    Hey, see if you run into David Scheeter down there. He's in the Army stationed somewhere in S. Carolina and he hates it that everyone is so friendly.

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie