Friday, September 29, 2006
My 3 Favorite Teachers
Last night I was going back to memory lane in regards to junior high and high school. I think the most important thing that sticks out in my mind are three influential teachers that were and still are a part of my life. I'm first going to start with Mr. Carey. I just smile when I think about this man. He cared so much for his students. He wanted more than anything to see each one of us succeed. He was pretty tough though. He had his own tactics to put the fear of God in you, and alot of the students were intimidated by him at first, but once you got to know him, he was such a great person and teacher! I was a brat in high school and gave him such a hard time but it was all in good fun. The thing was that he always acted like he was tough but underneath it all, he was really like a teddy bear. Even when he seemed like he was annoyed by me at times, I could always get him to crack a smile or laugh with some goofy thing I would say. When I got married a year and a half ago, he wasn't able to fly to FL and come, but he left me a voicemail on the morning of my wedding. It meant so much to me that he remembered that day and told me how proud he was of me. He'll always have a special place in my heart!

The second person I want to mention is Mrs. Hudson. The first time I met her I really liked her. She was just real! You see, it was like a breathe of fresh air. You would know what I mean if you were raised in the church and school I went to. It's not my intent to bash anyone, but if you want to know anything about my background you can refer to my earlier blog and then you would get somewhat of an idea. Anyways, Mrs. Hudson was real as I said before. You can always tell by someone's eyes. She has a warmth and true generousity about her. She was also my cheerleading coach through junior high and most of high school. When she and her husband moved, cheerleading was never the same. It was so much better when she was there, and I didn't have quite as much fun as I had when she was coaching. It was nice to be treated the same as everybody else. She was kind to everyone. Just a little thing like that made the whole difference in the world in my life as a teenager.

Now, last but not least, there is Ms. Chelle Y., yes, one of our favorite bloggers. I waited to write about her last because you'll see at the bottom of this blog. What can I say about our teacher/student relationship? Well, it started off a bit rocky in junior high. I thought she was the meanest teacher ever! :) But she won me over by the end of seventh grade and she has always been the dearest teacher to me! You just don't realize what a brat I was back then. I always got in trouble at home for my bad attitude which usually wasn't demonstrated by talking back but by the faces I would make. Man, oh man, the faces I would make. Could never hide how I felt. You see, we were both stubborn. I was making it my goal to never like her and she was making it her goal to win me over. Thanks for not giving up on me! :) I can't even put into words how much I love you and how much you mean to me. You are such a wonderful person! Despite your physical ailments and all the heartbreak you have been going through lately, you are remaining strong. Even if you don't feel like you are strong and you're just putting on a brave face for everyone, I know deep inside you have the strength to survive this!! Below is a song by Natalie Grant called Held and I wanted to "dedicate" this song to you. This song was written by the singer for her friend that lost a her baby and her husband on the same day. I think that it can apply to anyone that has a heartache of any kind. The main message that I want you to remember is that when everything else is falling apart you are being "held" by your friends, family, but most importantly our wonderful God that loves us so much! I cry when I hear this song because I think of you and many other friends in my life that are going through a hard time. This song is not meant to cause any sorrow but to give comfort because we know we are being HELD! Love you!

posted by Gracey at Friday, September 29, 2006 -
2 Comments:
  • At 9/30/2006 1:54 PM, Blogger Gracey said…

    No, I liked you from the start so I wasn't a brat with you. :) With Mr. Carey I was a jokster (don't think I spelled that correctly) :) I'm sure I got upset with something you made us do in cheerleading before, but I must not have shown it through my faces...surprise, surprise. Believe I got many spankings for my attitude problem! Mom says now that the faces came from her because she always got smacked for making faces at her parents....he he Guess my mom got a worst version of herself through me :)

     
  • At 10/02/2006 12:42 PM, Blogger Reforming Baptist said…

    Well, since we're all connected by the same school, I'd also have to say that Mr. Carey was and still is a great friend. He was my favorite teacher by far.

    Even though I was a 200 lbs big oaf in High School, Mrs. Young (Miss Little at the time) had a way of making this big guy submit to her authority!! :)

    Mr. McGorry was also a big influence. I'll always miss him. He was real too. Mr. McG. respected his kids and pushed them to do better and he also made us laugh.

    Bro. Hudson has had a huge impact one me since I was 13. Even though I was never one of his star basketball players on the varsity team, he still set high standards for me to try to attain to, and even when I went to Shadow Mountain, he raised the bar for me again and I grew some more in order to hurdle over that one too. So, in case Mrs. Hudson is reading this, please convey those sentiments to your husband.

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie