Friday, September 08, 2006
Compassion International

Compassion International is an organization that is personal and very dear to me. For about two years now, I have been supporting a beautiful little girl from India. Her name is Malika. I receive letters and pictures from her and it's such a blessing to hear that she loves to learn Bible stories, learn about Jesus, and gets a normal education through Compassion. I know her family is poor and her father provides for them as best as he can, but many times it is still not enough. Most of us are so blessed and downright spoiled with everything that we have. We spend money like it's water and don't even think twice. I encourage anyone that reads this to view this video above and if your finances allow you to, please consider helping a child or teenager, not only to provide for their physical need of food, clothing, and medical attention but also their spiritual need to learn that there is a God that loves each one of them so much that He sent His Son just for them.

I pray for my "child" every single day that He keeps her and her family safe and that God provides for them every step of way. I also pray that I will always have the privilege and opportunity to support Malika until she is an adult.
posted by Gracey at Friday, September 08, 2006 -
2 Comments:
  • At 9/08/2006 1:11 PM, Blogger Gracey said…

    I think it is something that sticks with me just because of different life experiences that I've come across. I pray that I'll keep a compassionate and open heart to people in every walk of life. We may be the only opportunity that will show them the compassion of God through the way we live our lives and the way we treat people.

     
  • At 9/08/2006 5:15 PM, Blogger Gracey said…

    Auntie, it says "finances" not "fiances".

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie