Monday, September 11, 2006
Straight Talk To Men?


I am reading this book right now by Dr. Dobson. You are probably wondering why since it's for men, right? Well, my husband read it first and he asked me to read it as well. I thought at first, "this is going to be boring." but I have been very intrigued.

Alot of the book focuses on children and how important it is to slow down in life and capture the precious times that there are to have with your family. Too many overworked fathers are neglicting their wives and children and it's taking a toll on the relationship. There is also a great section of the book that focusing on the relationship between a husband and a wife. I've come to like reading these books for men because I get another perspective of how my husband may be feeling, about his masculinity, and how he ticks so to speak.

It reminds me that it just isn't all about me! Marriage is a partnership and it takes both of us to work on things. I am blessed to have a husband that is sensitive to my needs, and there are times I completely take it for granted.

I have made it a conscience effort and prayer in my life to ask God to help me see when I am being selfish and only putting myself first. I want to do everything that is possible to love, cherish, obey my husband. Now, all you liberated women out there don't get uptight about the word "obey" because when I say that I mean that I want it to be that Jeremy and I have such a strong marriage that I know that I can trust his leadership and respect that when he needs to make a decision that I know he is guided not by his own leading but by God's leading. At this early stage of marriage, we are trying to make a firm foundation so when life throws curve balls, we can withstand it all--not individually or independently but together as it is intended to be.
posted by Gracey at Monday, September 11, 2006 -
1 Comments:
  • At 9/14/2006 9:58 AM, Blogger Reforming Baptist said…

    Hey sis,

    Good for you, I'm glad you're asking God to help you in those areas. Lord knows how we all have a tendancy to look out for #1.

    Love ya,

    Will

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie