Monday, October 01, 2007
Drama Drama Drama
I want to know if there is anybody else out there that works at a job where there seems to be some type of drama every day???? Today one of the girls gave her two-weeks notice because she was very upset about something, but my employer told her that since she gave her resignation, she might as well not come in anymore. Another girl I'm pretty sure is going to quit also soon. I worked for a horrible boss last year and I absolutely abhorred my job because this boss made my life miserable. She was one of the meaniest, power hungry women I've ever met. Compared to her, my boss now is an angel. He does have some quirks about him, but if we are honest with ourselves, who doesn't have some? Most of the time, I don't have a problem with him, and if something does rub me the wrong way, I tell him and we discuss it like adults should. I know he has a temper on him, but he does control it in that I've never heard him yell or blow up. He can be pretty intimidating when he's upset, but I know I can be when I'm mad too.

I don't know what the big deal is really. I guess she hated her job and she hated him. Some people just can't get beyond their differences I suppose. Oh well, I just hate drama! Maybe we won't have as much now?
posted by Gracey at Monday, October 01, 2007 -
9 Comments:
  • At 10/01/2007 7:04 PM, Blogger Kell said…

    That's so funny because when I was living in Ohio, I had one friend who every time I talked to her I wondered why there had to be so much drama connected to her! It's happened at places where I've worked, too, and it almost always involves women. We're just so emotional, I guess. Sounds like the woman you work with was looking for a reason to quit.

     
  • At 10/01/2007 7:41 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    I worked at a place that was nothing but drama. Heck, we produced more rumors out there than anything else. LOL

    I've told people who turned in their 2 weeks to go a head and go before. If they are people that cause drama they will be even worse if they have already turned in their notice.

     
  • At 10/02/2007 6:44 AM, Blogger Chelle Y. said…

    Your glass of girls was drama in high school, Gracey! Haha!

    It's catching up to you! :)

     
  • At 10/02/2007 6:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ooh, I love your new look here! To answer your question about drama, I think it is human nature. I detest it, but when you get a group of people together for 8-9 (or more) hours a day, each day-- it's bound to happen. And when one drama causing person leaves, someone eles steps in to take his/her place. *Sigh* It wears me out! It's not the job that does it, it's the drama. Good luck, Gracey! :-)

     
  • At 10/02/2007 9:39 AM, Blogger MoJoKat said…

    I can completely understand...both the job for the horrible boss last year (right smack in the middle of that right now) and the constant drama...we have one girl who just can't stand it when there may be a moment of peace...she has to disturb it and create havoc, if necessary. I don't understand why it is that way. I mean why can't people just come in, do their job, be friendly, then go home? I guess it's just how the world turns, huh!
    Hopefully the drama will die down a bit now, for you, though.
    Good Luck, Gracey!

     
  • At 10/02/2007 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you think drama in the workplace is bad, you need to decide, right now, not to ever have kids!

    I've worked with a LOT of Drama Queens and Kings in my time, but that is nothing compared to my kids! (can you tell it's already been an interesting week?)

     
  • At 10/02/2007 10:46 AM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Hey Girly!!! I LOVE your new Blog look! The pink flowers are gorgeous!!! My son's fiance' just quit her job because of a power hungry woman boss! She even had to tell her when she was going to the bathroom! hehe Phew! Happy October!

     
  • At 10/03/2007 9:43 AM, Blogger Norma said…

    Drama? I was a librarian and one time my boss got mad at something while the rest of us were at lunch, and threw the phone through the window, pulled it back in, and threw it through a second window. It was in the grass when we returned from lunch. Now that's drama!

     
  • At 10/03/2007 1:34 PM, Blogger Tink said…

    I think most jobs have their share of drama. Just the other day someone was arrested here for fraud. Seriously. They cuffed him and hauled him off, never to be seen again.

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie