Monday, September 17, 2007
Time Flies By!
Wow, it has been a month since I have written! I don't have as much time on my hands as I used to have and I've also just not been in the mood to blog. I think everyone goes through that lapse from time to time. This morning didn't start off to a good start at all when I woke up with a head pounding migraine which was there the night before. I was finally able to get a few hours sleep, but it didn't do much good for the head. I used to have the worst migraines a few years back and then they simply disappeared, but I had a relapse last night and this morning. I don't know what brought it on, but I'm just glad it decided to leave this afternoon or else I would still be stuck in bed I'm sure.

It's getting closer and closer for Jer to leave, and I have good days and then I have bad days. I cried myself to sleep on Saturday night and all the thoughts of being away from him for 15 months and the possibility of his not returning just overwhelmed me. I thank God that I made myself go to church and it was exactly what I needed. I know that God cares for me on a personal level, but you don't really realize it until something happens and you know that it was meant for you. I believe God spoke right through the pastor's message and straight to me. No, it's not some weird spiritual thing that I experienced or that I heard the actual voice of God or anything, but I know I heard His message go through His messenger straight to me. In my heart He was saying, "Nothing will happen that isn't filtered through Me first." And because I know that everything is filtered through Him, I can hang on to the hope and strength that God will give me to get through this war. Even if, God decides to take my husband, I will not turn my back from Him; I will still love you, God! You are my hope and all things work together for good when we are Christ's children....I can hold on to that promise even if the way looks bleak.
posted by Gracey at Monday, September 17, 2007 -
7 Comments:
  • At 9/17/2007 5:01 PM, Blogger Tink said…

    I didn't want or expect comments. But you did...

    Thank you. That was really beautiful. ((HUG)) Welcome back.

     
  • At 9/17/2007 5:13 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Hey Gracey .. good to see you on here again. You know you have all your blogfriends here with you while Jer is gone.

     
  • At 9/17/2007 6:34 PM, Blogger FishFam said…

    Great to see you post! I will keep Jerry in my prayers for his safe and quick return home to you. In the meantime, we will all be here with you.

     
  • At 9/17/2007 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to see you posting!

    Um...I hate to be a whiner, and this new format is really cute, but my poor old eyes just can't read it, no matter how hard they try!

     
  • At 9/18/2007 7:34 AM, Blogger Chelle Y. said…

    Gracey, I love you, kiddo! I am happy to see you blogging again (the new site looks great), and I cannot to see you this Christmas. We will definitely spend time together! :)

    I'll be praying for you and Jeremy too!

     
  • At 9/18/2007 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay! I can see! lol

    We'll all be here for you to keep you company while Jer is gone. It'll be tough, but you can do it.

     
  • At 9/18/2007 9:35 AM, Blogger MoJoKat said…

    It's so nice to see you again! I have missed your entries. I hope you know that your blogfamily is here for you, whenever!
    If there is anything I can do for you, just let me know, ok, Girlie!

    Remember:
    "If He leads you to it, He'll lead you through it!" He's always right there with you!

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie