Monday, August 13, 2007
Back & Relaxed
Today was my first day back to work, and it was sooo hard to get up early after two weeks of sleeping in each day and waking up to the sound of a lake right outside our door. I'm sure you all know the feeling of going back to work after a wonderful vacation!

Jer and I visited his family in Michigan, and then we took a wonderful 4-day trip to Mackinaw Island. Remember Somewhere In Time with Jane Seymour and Christopher Reeves? Well, that movie was filmed on the island at the famous Grand Hotel. No cars are allowed on the island, only horses and buggies and bikes. It was so fun to bike around the island which is 8 miles all the way around and not have to worry about being run over by a car. You do have to watch those horses and the mess they make from their backsides, but other than that, it was one of the best times I have ever had.

Jer and I also ate about 3 pounds of fudge on our 4-day excursion; if you ever want the greatest fudge ever, order it from Kilwins.com from Mackinaw Island. The best was the Butterfingers Fudge, Rocky Road Fudge, Mint Chocolate Chip Fudge, and the Peanut Butter/Chocolate Chunk Fudge!!! YUMMY.....I did gain about 5 pounds on this trip but it was totally worth it. Now I am working hard to get it off so I can fit in my dress for the ball that the Army is having in about a month.

Anyway, here are pics from our trip. Enjoy!

posted by Gracey at Monday, August 13, 2007 -
6 Comments:
  • At 8/14/2007 6:25 AM, Blogger FishFam said…

    What a great vacation! I'm glad you guys were able to get away for 2 whole weeks to enjoy time with eachother. Take advantage of that now before you have kids...you'll be lucky to get '2 whole hours' together!! lol!!

    Great pics!

     
  • At 8/14/2007 11:41 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    I've seen Mackinaw Island on some travel shows and it looks like a really cool place. Any place that doesn't allow cars is usually pretty fun.

    Great pics!

     
  • At 8/14/2007 1:06 PM, Blogger MoJoKat said…

    It's great that you had such a great time. The pictures are wonderful, thanks for sharing. The island looks beautiful and peaceful.

     
  • At 8/15/2007 8:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I used to go to Mackinaw as a kid. The fudge there really is some of the best to be found anywhere. Isn't is such a cool place?

    I'm glad you two had a nice relaxing vacation.

     
  • At 8/20/2007 9:19 AM, Blogger Chelle Y. said…

    You look great, Gracie!

    Glad you had fun!

     
  • At 8/29/2007 4:40 AM, Blogger abcd said…

    Lovely picture, You're pretty baby. :)

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie