Saturday, July 28, 2007
Far Away
FAR AWAY.....This is where I feel I am at times. This past Wednesday was my birthday, and it was the first time I actually felt nothing. It was just another day for me, nothing special at all. Is that weird? I honestly wished for the day to hurry up and past, so I didn't have to hear "Happy Birthday" one more time....what is wrong with me? It's not like I turned the dreaded 30 or 40....ya, I'm officially in my late 20's now but honestly that's not so bad I know, so what is my problem? I don't get it myself, but the more I thought about it, I think I've just been sad that life and time goes by way too fast. The older I get, the older my parents become, my grandma becomes, my doggy and kitties become, etc.

I think I may only have three years left with Nero and that is if I can keep him nice and healthy. He'll be ten in August and I've become very attached to him, and it scares me that the average life span for the military dogs are 12 to 13 years old.

Do you know that I'm actually dreading taking him to the kennel to board him while I leave on vacation for almost two weeks? Can you imagine being worried that your dog will not be happy; I actually feel like a mom dropping off her baby at day care! I hear my coworkers tell how they cry sometimes because they have to leave their babies at the daycare. I don't know if I'll go that far when I take Nero, but I'm seriously dreading it. Jeremy wants to take him as early as possible on Monday, so we can have a day to ourselves, but I won't take him until I absolutely have to. Yep, I think I have gone completely off the wagon!

Anyway, all that to say that I hated having a birthday this year and glad it's over. Maybe now I can get back to my normal self and stop thinking about people getting older and passing away.

I did love all my birthday presents though and am thankful that people did remember me; I'm sure I would have been more sad if no one said "Happy Birthday" I guess.
posted by Gracey at Saturday, July 28, 2007 -
9 Comments:
  • At 7/29/2007 7:29 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Happy Birthday! A few days late!

    Some kennels have webcams set up so people can get online and see their dogs and cats at the kennel. And lots of people do it too. I think it's pretty normal to worry about if your dog will be happy or sad when you board him for vacation.

    But, just think how happy he will be to see you when you get back!!!

     
  • At 7/29/2007 9:25 PM, Blogger Chelle Y. said…

    Do you remember how I used to write on the board how many days until my birthday? Well, this year I'll be 39 and I am not looking forward to it. One more year and I'll be the dreaded 40! Yikes!

    I guess it's better than the alternative....death! :)

     
  • At 7/29/2007 9:25 PM, Blogger Chelle Y. said…

    Oh, and Happy Birthday, Sweetie! I love you!

     
  • At 7/30/2007 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gracey,

    Late twenties doesn't have to be a bad thing. Just remember all those hangup and screwups of your teens and early twenties. Now, in your late twenties, life if finally starting to run smoothly, you're not broke all the time (regardless of what I say!), have time and resources to truly
    do whatever you want, and you've got a pretty handsome husband. Nothing to be sad about. Life goes on, but if you consider the glass half full, you'll realize that it gets better every year!

    Love Jeremy

     
  • At 7/30/2007 7:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    First of all, happy belated birthday! Turning 30 isn't so bad at all, you'll see when you get there. Life seems more settled then. I think that you'll recapture that essence of "fun on your birthday" very soon.

    I know what you mean about boarding your dog. I had to do that with my dog a few weeks ago and it nearly broke my heart.

    Enjoy your trip!

     
  • At 7/31/2007 11:16 AM, Blogger Tink said…

    You can't think of life like that... Like a ticking clock with the batteries running out. Otherwise you'll miss out on the current adventure, the wonderful things that will be around you at every age, whenever you think to look. Happy Birthday Gracey! I hope this year is a pleasant surprise.

     
  • At 8/01/2007 7:33 AM, Blogger Angela Marie said…

    Hey! Happy Birthday to a sweet lady!
    I understand your how you were feeling. That happens sometimes. Your hubby has some wise and loving words for you! ;)

    I feel the same way when we had to leave the girls in the kennel. It only was once. ugh. We become so attached to them. They are our family... our babies, best friends. They are so unconditional with us, it's easy to see why we feel the way we do about them!

    hugs

     
  • At 8/01/2007 5:13 PM, Blogger Reforming Baptist said…

    By the way, we sent your gift in the mail yesterday....sorry it's late, but we didn't forget you!!

    Happy Birthday vieja!.... Spanish for old lady :)

     
  • At 8/09/2007 9:02 AM, Blogger abcd said…

    Hey Gracey,

    I was travelling, sorry I didn't visit you for a while. Hope all goes well.

    I love the song on your blog. What's the title?

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie