Friday, July 06, 2007
My Other Best Friend




Since Jer has been gone this past month, I have been lonely at times, but even in those times, I've had my other faithful companion right by my side. At this moment, he is sitting right beside me looking at me with that cute little grin and those big brown eyes. Of course, at this moment he's also tooted, but I've come to accept him for who he is. He's just a tooting machine and I know it's not what he's eating. I love this boy; he's so happy when I come home and he cries when I leave. He knows I'm his friend, his mommy, and his playmate. We take long walks together, long naps together, and we sing together. Actually, I sing and he just howls at me. Does that mean I'm a terrible singer? :) I like to think he's complimenting me and doesn't want me to stop! :) When I do stop, he starts barking at me, so I sing more and he starts howling once again. I think he just loves to howl and it's the only time I let him do it.

He loves to make me chase him around the house to get his red ball away from him. He also loves to chase me around the house once I finally get the red ball out of his mouth. Yep, we make the perfect pair. He knows when I'm sad and I know he tries to cheer me up by putting his big snout as close as he can by my face and tries to get that doggy kiss in. I try to avoid it but sometimes I can't get away from him. Then I start laughing and he gives me that big grin as if saying, "Mission Accomplished".

Yep, he makes me look forward coming home to an empty house because even though my other best friend isn't here with me right now, my Nero waits with excited anticipation for my arrival and that, folks, makes me smile!
posted by Gracey at Friday, July 06, 2007 -
10 Comments:
  • At 7/06/2007 8:21 PM, Blogger Kell said…

    Dogs are so great. Everyone should have one! I hope to have one soon :)

     
  • At 7/07/2007 12:33 AM, Blogger Chelle Y. said…

    It's so great that you are posting again. I've missed seeing you around the blog world! :)

    Dogs make things so much better. They have such unconditional love that sometimes I wonder if they are the better friends.

    Oh, and you sing great!

     
  • At 7/07/2007 6:54 AM, Blogger FishFam said…

    I'm so glad you have Nero. Dogs are wonderful companions - especially adopted dogs for some reason. It is like they know that you picked them to give them a better life. I just love our "shelter" dog. He is the best! I love the dogs unconditional love...we could all learn from them I guess. Glad to see you post again.

     
  • At 7/07/2007 10:20 PM, Blogger Angela Marie said…

    Yep! You have a friend!

    He sure looks happy! I can see his smile from ear to ear! That is a happy doggy!

     
  • At 7/08/2007 2:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    A dog is wonderful company. I'm so glad you have him. Hope you had a fun and safe 4th!

     
  • At 7/08/2007 7:32 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    I think everyone will agree with me when I say that you should post a video of your duet with Nero. I'm sure it would be so much fun.

     
  • At 7/09/2007 6:34 AM, Blogger MoJoKat said…

    Awwww, I'm happy for you that you have someone there to keep you company. I have missed your posting, and I agree with Jay, a video would be GREAT ;)

    Oh, and in response to your comment, here is the link to Collin's new song "A Soldier's Prayer"
    http://collinraye.musiccitynetworks.com/index.htm?id=11378#7491

     
  • At 7/10/2007 8:50 AM, Blogger Tink said…

    Aw! What a sweet post! I'm so glad you and Nero are bonding. It's good to have a furry friend around to keep the lonely nights at bay. :)

     
  • At 7/10/2007 10:58 AM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    awwwWWWW! I'm soooOooOoo GLAD YOU have Nero!!! He is a big angel isn't he??!! Yep! That video would be nice! LOL xoooxox

     
  • At 7/12/2007 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You look so happy together. Dogs are wonderful companions!

     
Post a Comment
Gracey's Space
Name: Gracey
Home: United States
About Me: Welcom to my site! This is a place for me to write from day to day or sometimes from week to week. It just depends what is happening in my life. Please stay as long as you'd like and hope to hear from you soon as well!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Friends
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie